Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Eamon keane think we're thick

• 20-03-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I've had it with Lunchtime on Newstalk

Firstly i only listen to the first half hour before RTE's News at one starts

But no longer...is it just me or does eamon keane feel the need to overexplain everything?

Only today he had a reporter on from the Mahon tribunal, after the guy finished EK decided to tell us all again what exactly the Tribunal was investigating

Another thing he does is say stuff like "listen carefully now because this is really important"

or if they have a guest on, the guy might explain his position, then EK says "So what your saying is...." and repeats it all again

It drives me ape****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I know I know. Its not just him, media treats us as goldfish style idots. Matt Cooper is as bad in a slightly different way.

Still at least every news story is no longer described exclusive or breaking...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Fauldy Banny

I agree, Eamon 'breaking news' Keane is a pain in the arse. Like all at newstalk they are obsessed with bertie and the tribunal and the HSE.
    Now I know the above are important but enough is enough.
    He is absolutely terrible on radio and comes across badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I gave up listening to him a long time ago.

Have you noticed the way when Henry from the Moncrieff show is out doing a vox-pop, he repeats peoples answers back to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Someone here described his accent as the "gay hairdresser accent".

I can not take him seriously since..... "Now bear with me on this"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I too only listen to him for a half an hour before the news starts on RTE. He drives me mad though because he talks to the listeners as if we're children, complete with condescending children's voice and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Wow, I was just going to comment on today's Lunchtime show with Eamonn Keane before 1pm...

hammer nail <boink>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

He gets on my nerves too, usually turn him off and wait for Moncrief.

Full of his own importance.

Advertisement