Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexicano crepe

• 20-03-2008 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

As inspired by The Lemon Mexicano crepe. I whipped up one of these last night and it was amazing.

You'll need:

Pancake batter mix
    Chilli Sauce
    Grated Cheese
    Kidney Beans
    Guacamole
    Sliced fresh tomatoes

Get a batter mix for pancakes together. Either ready made or make it from scratch. You want your mix a tiny bit more liquid than you would usually make pancakes as you want a thinner end product.

Get your pan really hot with a tiny bit of oil. Throw in some batter and spread it around nice and even.

As one side cooks flip it over to do the other side and immediately throw on your grated cheese. Not a whole lot but a thin even spreading. Let it melt for a couple of seconds then spoon some guacamole on then and spread it around thin. When the othe side is cooked, slide the crepe onto a plate and straight away throw on some more mix (put a little oil in the pan first)

When that sides done flip it, and drizzle some chilli sauce across and place you sliced tomatos on.
    Now take your (heated) kidney beans and sprinkle some on the first crepe you made. When the chilli one is done scoop it out and turn it over onto the first crepe like a sandwich. Leave it to sit for a couple of seconds then get stuck in.

Good eatin.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hmm, I have a can of refried beans I got given to from a friend who was in Mexico last month. I wonder if I could use it instead of kidney beans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I reckon you could use refried beans handy enough. The only issue I'd have with it is that maybe it would be too "gooey" with the cheese and guacamole. Saying that I'm sure it would take great. You could go the whole hog and use salsa instead of chilli sauce too I reckon.

Advertisement