Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountrath post

Options
  • 20-03-2008 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi All,

Since theres lots of people here from Portarlington, I have decided to start the Mountrath post, well people are there any Mountrath heads here?

Maybe im only one of a few people in that neck of the woods:(

All discussions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Whispers *I'm not from Mountrath but I saw it on a signpost once.....*

Come to Portarlington for our booze up!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

Thanks Curvy, doing DIY at moment only moved there two months ago to first house, lots to do...Port is not to far away from me

Mountrath you are so lonely in here.......

Are you coming drinking on Friday!!?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 User21027

Hello Mountrath, I live in Borris In Ossary, but parents moved to Coolrain 18 months/2 yrs ago. Can you tell me is there any night life in this bloody area for 20-30 yr olds? All pubs luk nasty and never young crowds around unless a match is on. Folks tell me it's Portlaoise or Roscrea for a night out. 7 months living there now and not 1 night out. Cant invite mates over cos i 've nowhere to bring them.... There has to be more to this place than traffic jams and Phelan's chips.....
    User21027

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

........and then there were two....yeh for mountrath!

I've got way too much time on my hands!

• Advertisement

From Clondalkin originally, used to parks, shops, video shops, curry shops, cinemas, pubs, clubs, libraries, sports clubs etc Aint no fun in the sticks.... Spare a thought for a saddo in your area today....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Another Mountrath head here! Living here almost 10 years now and love the peace and quiet in my neck of the woods anyway.

And then there were three...........:D

Well the invite stands for our next meet folks!

Lived in Portarlington for 12 yrs. Moved away from there to here. What pubs do you go for? Pint O Port, The Continental, The Anvil, French Quarter...? Used to "live" in the Anvil especially on a saturday night, but then it filled up with strangers.... Think half of Port emmigrated...
    Dont go out much there cos dont know ANYONE in them. Half the Terrace uses the Continental, seems the best bet to bump into people i know, from school anyway...

We seem to drink all over the town <enter drunken smilie here!> but at our last meet we met in the POP in the snug ~ it was actually handy cos we took over that section for most of the night. We had great plans to head on to somewhere more lively but after about 30 seconds it was half 12 and they MADE me go dancing in Leg-ends :D Place was jammed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

head on to somewhere more lively but after about 30 seconds it was half 12 and they MADE me go dancing in Leg-ends :D Place was jammed!!!

Rofl lmao

yeh we couldnt even get a seat!!! :cool:

User21027 wrote: »
    Hello Mountrath, I live in Borris In Ossary, but parents moved to Coolrain 18 months/2 yrs ago. Can you tell me is there any night life in this bloody area for 20-30 yr olds? All pubs luk nasty and never young crowds around unless a match is on. Folks tell me it's Portlaoise or Roscrea for a night out. 7 months living there now and not 1 night out. Cant invite mates over cos i 've nowhere to bring them.... There has to be more to this place than traffic jams and Phelan's chips.....
    User21027
    How are ya im originally from Ballyfermot myself imagine the big change for me moving to Mountrath, yes Mountrath and Borris are quiet towns not very much to do, good for cheaper houses thats about it Portaloise or Roscrea are the closeby places to go for fun. 0% crime level is always a good thing, pitty about the floods in the town here;the people living beside the river when it rains. If your originally from Dublin moving to the country will take sometime to getting used too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i live near mountrath, try to get away as much as possible though.
    anytime i'm home i'd drink in purcells and there appears to be a good few new "locals" from dublin drinking there.

Curvy Vixen, port is long way to be going for a pint, you'd nearly have to be staying out for that to work

That's no problem ~ we could arrange a room in the hotel for all the Mountrath people ~ we have contacts now that we're regulars ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

That's no problem ~ we could arrange a room in the hotel for all the Mountrath people ~ we have contacts now that we're regulars ;)

yeh and they even have a special place for ye to put your "HODDIES"!!!!!

:cool:

Mountrath is a small enough town, its a pitty it hasn't taken off yet...
    Portaloise and Roscrea would be built up pretty good, I live in Mountrath for cheap houses and nothing else, what can the town offer?

I would like to know when we shall see

1) A Gym
    2) Roads without holes
    3) Dunnes/Tesco/Lidl/Aldi
    4) Cinema
    5) anything to do in the evening instead of sitting in the pub or sitting at home

I cannot see anybody ever wishing to live in this town unless they start investing some money, im looking to move already but will give it a while due to the poor climiate we are facing

Ahh sure the motorway bypass might get completed in the next 20years or so..:p

Advertisement