Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Billing Country

• 20-03-2008 2:55pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For some reason, my Xbox account is set up as being in America so I can't add my Irish credit card to it. It seems that you can't change that without creating a new Live account and new Gamertag. Don't suppose anyone knows a way around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I had the same problem when I set up my live account. It was due to having an msn passport thing that I had set up when I lived in the US. I couldn't find any way around it other than setting up an account.

Sorry bout that man, good luck anyway!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Balls. I've emailed Support anyway, see if they can do anything. Doesn't look likely :(

If I download something on my other account, will it be available on my main account does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Get ready for the ever informative e mail, that states thatthey can't do anything about your problem but if you ring custoer support they will try and help.I have sent several e mails sbout different problems over the years and slways the same reply, to ring the support line.Dont know why they even bother.Now guaranteed about 6 months ago I startedsending stupid questions cause I was so pissed off with them just to see if they would respond and they always do but say to ring the support line.Lastone I fired off was asking about if I should but a ps3 or if the xbox was so greatshould I buy another one to have spare for when I inevitably get the rrod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Dunno if this is any help, but when I bought my 12 month subscription over christmas and when I put in the code to redeem teh sub, it said it couldn't.
    Rang customer service and they said it was because I didn't have any region or location coosen, and they sorted it out over the phone. 20 minutes later I was playing COD4

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Christ, these guys are geniuses:
    Xbox Customer Support to me

Dear Mr.feylya ,
    Thank you for your email. In order to respond effectively to your email we need to investigate further. Therefore please contact the Xbox Customer Support team
    Kind Regards,
    Rana
    Xbox Support
    www.xbox.com/support/contact/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

LOL

But why won't you actually just ring them... It's free like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

feylya wrote: »
    Christ, these guys are geniuses:

I mailed them the other day on that question and I was told it wasnt possible. Once the country is set thats it for life!

Advertisement