Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading RAM

Options
  • 20-03-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hi! I have Windows Xp Pro with 1gb of ram,i have an old stick of 256mb ram from my old computer which id like to throw into it,but ive had problems actually gettin it into the port like,its PC2100,is it comp. with my dell dimension 520?im confused also,does it have to be installed in pairs,etc?any help much apprenticed!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

your current pc uses ddr2, your old ram is ddr. Its physicially impossible to get it to fit or work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

ohh okay,yeah i kind of figured that when it wudnt go in,no matter what!lolthanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

donmeister wrote: »
    ohh okay,yeah i kind of figured that when it wudnt go in,no matter what!lolthanks!

get out the snips and trim it a bit - you might only get 232Meg out of it then though!! ;)

Advertisement