Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long distance cycling holidays

Options
  • 20-03-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

Have many of you been on cycling holidays? If so where, and have you any advice/funny stories? Me and the gf are thinking about doing a bit of cycling around Holland during the summer - luckily its a flat country, so don't need to worry about any big hills. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

This months cycling plus has a story of a family doing a holiday in holland. Also having lived there for 18 months it's a great country for cyclists, EVERYONE here cycles - to school,work,shops,pub,niteclub etc - it's really great.
    CPlus also has an article about Austria but that's hilly as.
    HTH
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

hmm interesting, must check that out. cheers! The gf is from holland actually, but lives here in Ireland, so it'd be enjoyable for her to get to see the country via bicycle also. I don't think my body could take a hit from an austrian hill tbh, they make em steep over there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I was thinking of going on one too and found this:

http://www.northsea-cycle.com/default.asp?id=2&mnu=2&lang=1

The Denmark-Germany-Holland section looks interesting.

Advertisement