Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant Join Partys/Host/Etc!!

• 20-03-2008 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I cant join or host partys on COD4 with my friends,so annoying!:mad:!Ive looked online for help,and got 'forward your ports',which is great,if i knew how the **** to do it!Im a bit of a eejit when it comes to techy stuff like that,i need it be be simplied,i have a run of the mill eircom router,any help appreciated!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

donmeister wrote: »
    I cant join or host partys on COD4 with my friends,so annoying!:mad:!Ive looked online for help,and got 'forward your ports',which is great,if i knew how the **** to do it!Im a bit of a eejit when it comes to techy stuff like that,i need it be be simplied,i have a run of the mill eircom router,any help appreciated!:rolleyes:

what errors are you getting ?. I used to get a 'Notice: Server disconnected' after the map loaded. Added some ram, load times were quicker, blasting away since...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

oh forgot to mention,its on the ps3 lol,like a friend asks me to join their party,i select yes,then the screen goes black and says 'cannot connect to host' and vice versa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You need to open ports on your router to be able to host games and accept multiple connections. I posted that in this thread you started last time.

still no luck!i cant get the menu for my router with the post u sent cuddlesworth,its so frustrating!thanks anyways tho

What make/model router is it?

• Advertisement

its a netopia 2247-02,i found it,but the default meny for netopia on that website is completely diff. from my one,some dropdown menus etc. arent showin on my menu,thats why im finding it hard to follow the instuctions and such.......i need pictures!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

IN your other post you say you are level 42, how can that be if you cant connect?? Was it working up until this weekend? If so then you may have been affected by the patch, check with the infinity Ward forums they have an abundance of similar posts there so be ready to search!

Failing that are you sure you are checking the correct page on portforward, it really is as simple a walkthrough as anybody can provide. Here is the exact link you need, dont worry about different menu structure, all routers have the same basic functions.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247-02/Call_of_Duty_4.htm

donmeister wrote: »
    its a netopia 2247-02,i found it,but the default meny for netopia on that website is completely diff. from my one,some dropdown menus etc. arent showin on my menu,thats why im finding it hard to follow the instuctions and such.......i need pictures!!lol

The eircom routers sometimes have slightly different menus due to image branding. If you posted screen shots we could point you in the right direction. alternatively you could search the advanced menus for any of the following options, port forwarding/port triggering/Pinholes/ Nat Services.

Advertisement