Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a quick survey

Options
  • 20-03-2008 3:23pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'd really appreciate peoples time in getting this survey filled in. Its only 6 questions (and you only have to answer 4 of those). Very general shouldn't thake more then 60 secs of your time.

There's two cavets (there screened for in the survey) repsondants should be living/working in the Dublin region and should not be Gardaí or ex-Gardaí (they were surveyed seperatly)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=KLVP6wBzTl_2fp_2fIPjgiDD4w_3d_3d

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I think you put the wrong link up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Collie D wrote: »
    I think you put the wrong link up

Your dead right, made ball of a cut and paste, link fixed.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

you might also want to check the spelling in the survey

you might also want to check the spelling in the survey

Yeah went in and just did thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

OK, I've taken the survey. May I ask who you represent?

• Advertisement

Its not for the papers or for the Gardai or anyone one like that it's actually for a college paper on Garda versus Public opinion on uniformed gardai carrying guns. Im actully only doing it as a favour to somone, not writing the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

done

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The proposal is for trained uniformed Gardaí to 'have access' to firearms. They will change out of normal uniform before arming themselves. Your survey does not take this into account.

"Do think it would be acceptable for a number of uniformed Gardaí to be armed with firearms in the Dublin Region in order to respond to incidents involving weapons and firearms?"

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Done.

• Advertisement

esel wrote: »
    The proposal is for trained uniformed Gardaí to 'have access' to firearms. They will change out of normal uniform before arming themselves. Your survey does not take this into account.

"Do think it would be acceptable for a number of uniformed Gardaí to be armed with firearms in the Dublin Region in order to respond to incidents involving weapons and firearms?"

Im fully aware of the proposal but thats the proposal and not not whats being researched. The surveys show Gardai are opposed to uniformed Gardai being armed and the public are not.

Also those who feel that uniformed Gardai shouldnt be armed have said no and have left a general comment expaning it further, as have those who feel no Gardai should be armed.

Personally I wouldnt like to be the person with a gun to my head waiting for the RSU to change clothes, or the uniformed member in urgent need of assistance waiting for somebody to change into jeans and a raid jacket so they can pick up a firearm.

Thanks a mil to everyone who has responded its about 65 so far the survey will stop at 100 so feel free to fill it out if you haven't already.

Advertisement