Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K800i - white screen of death! anyone else get this?

• 20-03-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Had noticed my K800i getting a white screen when I got to certain points in some applications recently.
    Got one there that wouldn't go away.
    Tried turning it back on (after taking out the battery... wouldn't turn off normal way) and now it's left with a white screen of death - that being the whole screen illuminated white. It also vibrates once or twice.
    The on/off button does nothing after this, and it only goes away if I take out the battery.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

I'm insured with O2, so I presume I can just run down to the nearest O2 shop after work and get a replacement while they fix it?
    I've never had to get a phone fixed or replaced before.
    I hope I haven't been paying them €6 a month for nothing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

If it's less than a year old, the hardware warranty should cover it. Mine just wouldn't tuen one one day, I brought it back to the shop I bought it in, and they handed me out a new replacement K800i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Same thing happened my W810i 2 weeks or so after i bought it. Brought it into them and it turned out to be software problems with it. Lost all the stuff i had on the phone mind you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭norm

This is unrelated but on the same phone. Bought a game the other day on the phone but can't locate it anywhere. This happen to anyone? Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Try under applications.

And my turned into a brick OP. Was with o2, not insured but they did a straight swap out, had it replaced in about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I had a k608i with 3 and they claimed it was water damaged and I had to bring them to the small claims court!

Though with the money I was able to buy a k610i for much cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement