Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash

Options
  • 20-03-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Have anyone of you guys ever used flash for a presentation rather than powerpoint?

I was thinking of using something like the below instead of plain old powerpoint just to make things more interesting.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/vidtemplate_mediapreso_flash8.html#

Has anyone got any comments, also is it hard to built in the same funcationality regarding timing and key strokes in flash?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

A couple of comments:
    • PowerPoint is simple to use and most presentations generated from it are quite simple but effective.
    • With Flash, you can control keystokes, timing etc to a much finer degree than you could ever do with PowerPoint. Your imagination is the limit for what you can generate but I dare say that it would take quite a lot longer to create a presentation in Flash as it would to do the same presentation in PowerPoint.
    • Unless you're showing video in a presentation, then the main point of a presentation is normally to get a message (words) across to your audience. Animations and effects might distract from your message.

Adobe have another application called Ovation that you might find useful. It adds special effects to PowerPoint presentations. There is a free trial available but I have never used the product so I can't comment.

McGintyMcGoo

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

cheers mcginty, thats looks very good. thanks

Advertisement