Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tracking a phone

• 20-03-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know this is going to sound really paranoid. My Mum has a 'spare' pay-as-you-go 087 phone that she uses to text my sister in Aus. It's also used whenever someone in the family is stuck for a phone or whatever. Anyway, the phone died and she needed a new one. I found one in my boyfriend's house that he had found at a festival about 3 years ago. It's an 087 3G one. I gave it to my Mum to use and it's been on the go with her 'spare' SIM for the past week or two. All day today she's been getting calls from a Kildare number and as the phone is at home, I'm a bit wary about answering it. She never uses it so I can't figure out why this Kildare place is ringing. I know it could be coincidence but it there anyway of the original owner, or Vodafone, knowing that the phone is in use again, even if the original SIM isn't being used? We would have tried to track down the original owner when we got it working (it had been 'dead' but turned out it just needed a new battery) but after 3 years we figured they wouldn't be interested.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What sort of phone is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rory B

I think someone just has the wrong number, it is possible that VF would know it is being used again but thats nothing to worry about as people give & swap phones with each other all the time, also I doubt the original owner reported it stolen as the Handset would not accept a sim if it was blacklisted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Side question. Can VF block a number from calling your phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rory B

All networks can block numbers from calling you (some require this in writing) the caller will just hear the message "This service is unavailable" but cannot block sms's.

Advertisement