Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The laziest meal in Sligo

Options
  • 20-03-2008 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

.. it's gotta be KFC drive-thru. You don't even have to get out of the car, or off your seat & if you have you money not shoved into yr pockets, you don't even have to take off your seat belt & struggle to get at it. Surely that can't be beaten for pure laziness?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Pity it's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yeah... Pure lazy but also pure muck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This is not a thread about the quality of the food. I demand you stay on topic. :D Have to say though - their chips with gravy are pretty tasty.

What about Borza? Top chips... And ya can't beat an aul doner from Best...

el_weirdo wrote: »
    What about Borza? Top chips... And ya can't beat an aul doner from Best...

Never tried either - can you drive thru them? The biggest amount of energy used in ordering at KFC is pressing the button to roll the window down (rolling down your window for those with medieval cars) and more than likely having to repeat the order about 5 times coz they can't hear you through their hi-tech intercom system. So can you order at Borza or Best without speaking?

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure that I don't need to speak in Best as I'm in there for the same thing at least once a week... I just order verbally out of politeness now.:)

I've a similar thing with Centra on Castle Street.. if I walk in there before 11am, the girl behind the counter automatically makes me up a roll with sausages & ketchup while i'm getting myself a coffee. Not the laziest meal, but definitely the laziest breakfast i can get in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

their chips with gravy are pretty tasty.

OMG I....i...I agree with you. :eek:

/faints

sueme wrote: »

/faints[/QUOTE

The Colonel should be nominated for a Nobel Peace prize!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Went to KFC drivethru in September. 3 times in the one week. I had to stop and haven't been back since. The sheer convenience was to much to take. I'd been through loads elsewhere, but it's only when it arrives in your home town, do go feel the real sense of well being associated with getting food handed to you without even leaving your car:o. Popcorn Chicken ftw.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

/faints

There's all that protective sister power gone out the window! And we worked so hard at it! :(

I've not had KFC. I must try it! Home delivery ftw!!

takola wrote: »
    There's all that protective sister power gone out the window! And we worked so hard at it! :(

I've not had KFC. I must try it! Home delivery ftw!!
    Sorry Takola, I broke under the gravy pressure...

Ring Sligo Home Deliveries and you don't even have to get off your chair, never mind drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

But you have to answer the door. I like the idea of being handed the food while actually sitting down. It's not about the unhealthy food. It's the principal of the thing.

Sorry Takola, I broke under the gravy pressure...

Ring Sligo Home Deliveries and you don't even have to get off your chair, never mind drive!

Sisters were doing for themselves.. till they got the wiff a da gravy!

If you get home delivery I suppose you could always sit by the window & hand the money out...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Never tried either - can you drive thru them.

You can but you'd probably write the car off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

smashey wrote: »
    Pity it's crap.

Their chicken burgers are nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Sisters were doing for themselves.. till they got the wiff a da gravy!

If you get home delivery I suppose you could always sit by the window & hand the money out...

Or alternatively you could get Starbelgrade to dish you out some of his famous coddle (sorry sausage casserole) in you living room. Gravy on the side.
    Thats particularly handy , you wouldnt have to move from the sofa if he got you a tray. Should put a smile on one r two sisters faces! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

I'd say ordering using dominoes website would be the laziest. I mean KFC you have to go out in ur car, granted you have to walk to the door but you dont even need shoes on. Ah to be lazy

:D

-Al- wrote: »
    I'd say ordering using dominoes website would be the laziest. I mean KFC you have to go out in ur car, granted you have to walk to the door but you dont even need shoes on. Ah to be lazy

:D

You can get KFC delivered by Sligo Home Deliveries same as Dominoes, so the effort required is the same... unless they deliver by e-mail? "Please find attached 12" spicy jalepeno pizza with extra cheese as requested":D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gravy in KFC? Last time I checked it was brown unflavoured watery pish!

But I'm looking for a lazy meal this evening. Couldn't be arsed in cooking - Bests is the nearest to me and have never had it.

• Advertisement

You can text Sligo Home Deliveries... I was thinking about giving them a key, then they could drop the food on the coffee table, pick up the money and cheerio. :D

basquille wrote: »
    Gravy in KFC? Last time I checked it was brown unflavoured watery pish!

Heathen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I love KFC.

I just never eat it because I have a vested interest in being able to find jeans. I never really rocked the mumu look, strangely enough.

You can text Sligo Home Deliveries... I was thinking about giving them a key, then they could drop the food on the coffee table, pick up the money and cheerio. :D

I'm half an inch from doing that myself! :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

heard something about a micky d's drive though opening near the retail park as well (groan), no links, sorry

for me, it has to be best or the bistro, in the next half hour its going to be pick up the phone, dial, and open front door 45mins later, best and easiest pizza ever

ps, wheres borzas, is it a chippy or kebab place

It's a chip shop on the mail coach road.

Where and what is "Best"?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

takola wrote: »
    Where and what is "Best"?
    castle street, round the corner from the embasy rooms, best kebabs in the NW, best i've had in ireland maybe, beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

We here at Casa Xiney are quite partial to Four Star Pizza... aparently online ordering works in Sligo now but we haven't tried it.

Mr gets the scorcher, I get the Manhattan Classic. More of a treat than "dinner" though.

• Advertisement

Best's does everything. Kebabs, pizza, chips burgers etc. It's on castle street.

Advertisement