Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The laziest meal in Sligo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a huge 4 Star Pizza fan.. find their bases a bit tasteless meself!

I had some Bests for dinner... lurvely!
    irish-stew wrote: »
    for me, it has to be best or the bistro, in the next half hour its going to be pick up the phone, dial, and open front door 45mins later, best and easiest pizza ever
    Bistro used to be my pizza of choice but their prices have gone to hell!

Used to love 'The Aussie' (pizza with whipped egg on it... sounds horrific but absolutely delish) but hadn't ordered one in months, and went up recently to see it shoot from around 13 - 14 euros to 18! :eek:

The Happy Eater is great too.. their delivery service is probably the best in Sligo. Served piping hot to your door... and chips ain't the easiest to keep piping hot in those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Borza are doing deep fried Mars bars now. Ewww..

Never tried Bests before. Will do now, do they deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

basquille wrote: »
    Gravy in KFC? Last time I checked it was brown unflavoured watery pish!

When I worked at a chicken place (twitch twitch) our gravy was broadly similar to that used at KFC, and it was essentially a packet of powder that you added a lot of water to and put in a gravy pot.

However, because the job was so mind numbingly awful, it was easy to f*ck up the gravy making, and make it too watery.

So maybe you just got a bad batch?

It's better to dip fries in though. Kind of useless for their chicken... gravy is supposed to be for helping drier meat go down and KFC is anything but dry.

sueme wrote: »

I have always wanted to try a deep fried mars bar. More for novelty's sake than any real interest, I doubt it's bad. God help me if I love it though - roll out the mumus!

I was just remarking to Mr Xiney that we should try Best sometime, since you all are waxing lyrical about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

mmm, deep fried mars bar, always wanted to try one

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ah I see! I've never had any of their food! Must try it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

erm, am I missing something?

Just ask the missus to bring it to the TV room. Don't have to get up, put any shoes on, go in any car, and the food is top notch......can't get any lazier than that.

Just click the fingers really.;)

I am so lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

irish-stew wrote: »
    heard something about a micky d's drive though opening near the retail park as well (groan), no links, sorry

for me, it has to be best or the bistro, in the next half hour its going to be pick up the phone, dial, and open front door 45mins later, best and easiest pizza ever

ps, wheres borzas, is it a chippy or kebab place

I was asked to do a survey for the viablilty of the opening up of one there.

Hope it doesn't. There's already 2 fast food places there, we're not Fatcamp City, USA.

I was asked to do a survey for the viablilty of the opening up of one there.

Hope it doesn't. There's already 2 fast food places there, we're not Fatcamp City, USA.

hope they dont open one either,

finished my lazy meal anyhow, ordered pizza, drank bottle of beer, washed down said beer with pizza, now feeling like the festive turkey, absolutly stuffed

got to do some investigating on this deep fried mars bar over the weekend

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Lazy, to me, isn't a drive thru - it's too much work when you get the food - reaching all over the car, looking for a safe place to leave your drink, someone shouting for the salt...."who has the onion rings". And then you have to tidy up !

Lazy is ...a peaceful (informal) restaurant with soft seats that you can lie back in, eating something with rice that you can eat with just a fork - knives use too much energy - and a drink at arm's reach

• Advertisement

Culchie wrote: »

Just ask the missus to bring it to the TV room. Don't have to get up, put any shoes on, go in any car, and the food is top notch......can't get any lazier than that.

I am so lying.

You are so dead when your missus reads this.

You are so dead when your missus reads this.

And I'll help her. Way to give Mr. Xiney ideas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

*is extremely tempted to hop in the motor and rock down for a keeeeeeebab*:D

el_weirdo wrote: »
    *is extremely tempted to hop in the motor and rock down for a keeeeeeebab*:D

Ah sure while your out, I'll have a kebab with everything. Thanks bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Oh so not fair, you are making me hungry. Must check out Best. Love kebabs, but the last time I had one I broke my tooth:eek:

magnumlady wrote: »
    Oh so not fair, you are making me hungry. Must check out Best. Love kebabs, but the last time I had one I broke my tooth:eek:

How do you break your tooth eating a kebab?!?:confused:

I think I bit it too hard!:D Bloody hurt though.

Dodgy kebab? :D

The excuse for many a night out that went "wrong".

Magnumlady was actually in a scrap outside Toffs with someone who dissed her flickr site.*

*May not be true.

Dodgy kebab?!?!:confused:

How dare you?!?! No such thing as a dodgy kebab! Except maybe in abra"kebeb"ra. Truely awful muck...(insert *sick* emoticon).

Dodgy kebab?!?!:confused:

How dare you?!?! No such thing as a dodgy kebab! Except maybe in abra"kebeb"ra. Truely awful muck...(insert *sick* emoticon).

absolutly, have not ate in there for almost 6 months

• Advertisement

The excuse for many a night out that went "wrong".

Magnumlady was actually in a scrap outside Toffs with someone who dissed her flickr site.*

*May not be true.

You have such a vivid imagination! You should have seen the state of the person who dissed me tho:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Culchie wrote: »

I am so lying.

Sounds good. Except my missus can't cook toast:(
    As for pizza, I make my own. Far nicer. Any surprisingly easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

DurtyMurty wrote: »

Lazy is ...a peaceful (informal) restaurant with soft seats that you can lie back in, eating something with rice that you can eat with just a fork - knives use too much energy - and a drink at arm's reach

Oooohweeee... posh kid in da house. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

me no know they deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

-Al- wrote: »
    me no know they deliver.

Bit early in the day to be on the beer...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

-Al- wrote: »
    me no know they deliver.

What's that say you Yoda?:D

Advertisement