Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€170 for cv joint replacement - is it a good price?

Options
  • 20-03-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

just checking if anyone could tell me if it was a fair price, it seems pretty good. is for a 99 corolla van and its the drivers side cv joint. price includes fitting too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Good price, go for it. Just make sure you're getting the whole joint and not just the c.v. joint boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Good price, go for it. Just make sure you're getting the whole joint and not just the c.v. joint boot.

+1. Agree with all of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭chewb

A joint is 50 to 70 euro, so you're bring charged 100 to 120 labour. I would have expected it to be that or a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is it clicking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

chewb wrote: »
    A joint is 50 to 70 euro, so you're bring charged 100 to 120 labour. I would have expected it to be that or a bit cheaper.

Spurious joint would be in the region of €70. OEM Toyota would be more. I would be allowing close on an hours labour, then VAT. If all this is incl then the price quoted is not excessive IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement