Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Company after Claim

Options
  • 20-03-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone knows who the best for an Insurance Quote is after having a claim? My ex's car was stolen, and her premium has gone all the way up, so I said Id try and find out for her.

Any help, appreciated as always.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

After an "at fault" accident (according to the insurance company anyways..bastards) my premium went from €3000 to €3680 with Quinn Direct. Explaining the situation to AXA brought it down to €2300 - not cheap but then again I'm a young male driver :) Still, a 33% reduction is not to be laughed at :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

After an "at fault" accident (according to the insurance company anyways..bastards) my premium went from €3000 to €3680 with Quinn Direct. Explaining the situation to AXA brought it down to €2300 - not cheap but then again I'm a young male driver :) Still, a 33% reduction is not to be laughed at :)

Yeah, she was with Quinn. Quote went from €600 - €1680. Big jump obviously! I told her to ring around and explain the situation. Ill get her to include axa in the list! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

she's your ex... let her deal with it :D

or go to 123.ie

steve06 wrote: »
    she's your ex... let her deal with it :D

or go to 123.ie

Long story....

Generally you cant get a quote online as there "assumptions" page generally states that you've had no claims in the past 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Try insure.ie 012932300 Got a really good quote off them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

thats strange ,most insurance companies dont effect your bonus for theft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

try fbd, had a similar claim myself last year and they quoted me nearly 700 better off than quinn and protected my new claims bonus from now on

Yeah, I thought they wouldnt affect it a huge amount as it was a "non-accident". I told her to ring around and explain. Ill get her to contact FBD and give insure.ie a ring. Thanks for the responses.

Advertisement