Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming back years for pension

Options
  • 20-03-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi
    I am trying to find out about the best way to claim back years for my pension and costs. I am 37 and want to claim back 7 years for pension. How do I go about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

is this posted in wrong place?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nope :)

All you need do is wait for the right person to come along and give you some advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

cobweb wrote: »
    Hi
    I am trying to find out about the best way to claim back years for my pension and costs. I am 37 and want to claim back 7 years for pension. How do I go about this?

what exactly have you on your mind here; it is clearly more than Georgia:D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_on_My_Mind

I am guessing that maybe u have AVC's in mind but I think it best to contact the Pensions Board http://www.pensionsboard.ie/index.asp

:D see i am such a novice i dont know how to phrase it:D

yeah i think its avcs thanks

ok read the stuff on pensions board and still confused but asked the dad so he will help me sort it out next week as he told me i am looking for avcs to buy back 7 years over 25 years and want to know how much this will cost. Is that more correct/clearer? Does it sound like i will be making sense on phone next week? Oh to be able to speak pensionese:D I think i am sounding like Muddy Waters now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

I think you should drop into a broker or a bank pensions manager to get some advice.

Are you saying you want to catch up on 7 years you missed. Are you in a company scheme? Is this an AVC Prsa your looking for? and so forth...

yup i want to catch up on 7 years i missed so i have a decent pension when i retire. I am trying to find out about company scheme (teacher). And i have no idea what a AVC Prsa, is that not the same as a pension? Oh God i am such a dufus!

Yup, I will go to broker i just want one who wont try to dazzle me with graphs and other displays (had that already).

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

cobweb wrote: »
    I am trying to find out about company scheme (teacher)

Have you gone to the provider. What type scheme is this?
    This is your starting point. Theres normally no point in looking outside your company pension provider if the scheme is half decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I f you are a teacher, then go to www.askaboutmoney.com, where you will find exactly what you are looking for. There is one thread precisely about teachers added servic & pension entitlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 willbee

Are you able buy Notional Service?

• Advertisement
Advertisement