Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Route Cork

• 20-03-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in Cork city this weekend and have a long run to do as part of my training (22 miles) for my marathon in April. Could anybody recommend a simple 22 mile run that will not take too much looking at sign posts and street names, and dead ends etc. I have GPS so keeping track on the mileage is not a problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I've a 22 mile run that goes from Cobh to Cork (the reverse of the Cork to Cobh 15 mile race), then along the river to the Mardyke arena and the 10km loop of the "Anglers rest" makes up the 22 miles. It's a pretty flat route with safe roads for the most part but it is essentially point to point so you may need to get the train or a lift out to Cobh to start.

Another alternative is to have a look at mapmyrun for cork. A couple of people have entered the marathon route there and you can just chop a bit off (the bit with the tunnel probably!!!)

Advertisement