Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam operating by a company

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sangre wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware one of the EU consumer Directives entitles a consumer to back out of any transaction made with door to door saling for up to a certain period (say 14 days). It is to stop hard sells like these.

let me double check.

edit -

a quick search reveals "Council Directive 85/577/EEC of 20 December 1985 to protect the consumer in respect of contracts negotiated away from business premises" which covers doorstep selling and entitles a consumer 'a right of cancellation over a period of at least seven days in order to enable him to assess the obligations arising under the contract'. Pretty sure there is a more recent directive for this though.

also a europa document (EU webside) on consumer rights claims aggressive doorstep selling tactics are illegal. Don't know law for this though.
    they usually have a waiver clause written in to their contracts to "allow" them fit the unit the next day so this change of mind/cooling off period does not apply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

snyper wrote: »
    caviet emptor.

spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Take a look at this ,

The testing process is a well known scam , they even have a name for it , the Jam jar scam ,

http://www.ncf.org.za/docs/publications/consumerfair/vol4/testing.html

So , anyone who has been done ,take them to court , its a known fraudulent practice and you will win !!
    Note the famous companies in the list at the bottom who are " known" to be practising this scam !

mathias wrote: »
    It is clear to anyone who does a bit of research /googling into this that the company is using lies and false test and or test results to sell a grossly overpriced product , if anyone thinks their water is bad by a Britta filter for heavens sake !!

This company is clearly not a reputable company , the sooner they are brought down the better.
    And anyone who has been unfortunate enough to fall for this con should be taking legal advice against them ,

They are pure and utter scum , and thats putting it nicely.

How anyone can come on here and defend that company is beyond me , its no wonder people think you are working for them.

there is nobody that has been RIPPED OFF by them. in fact the only compalint made about them is that the units are expensive, which is actually a point i made as well. it is quite lot of money and i couldnt justify paying it myself.

but from knowing them as a client of mine through a completley differnt industry many, many years ago, i know them as a professional company to deal with. they were credit worthy, had accoutns in order, had no outstanding judgements, paid their bills on time, etc. in my opinion that is a professional company.

the person who started this witch hunt from what i can see actually works for there competition so i think this thread had alterior motives.

i on the other hand live in dublin, they are based galway, i work in an entirely differnet industry, i hadnt even heard the còmpany name mention in about 5 years. i just felt it wrong that they get completley labelled as RIP OFF and SCAM without opinions being given from both sides.

if i heard you being slageed in the same way and found what was being said not entirely true, i would make the exact same comments.

at the end of the day if peple buy the service that is down to them, i dont really give a fcuk.

Board om , you clearly have an interest here , and your defence of them disgusts me , thats all I have to say to you !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Board om , you clearly have an interest here , and your defence of them disgusts me , thats all I have to say to you !

I got a better idea.

Lets post a thread about a topic.

We'll all agree.

The world is happy... yet boring.

Peoples opinions differ.

Do the research , this is no opinion , the company is a well known international fraud outfit listed and warned about on consumer fair trade sites all over the world , hardly an opinion , more an undisputed fact at this stage !!

If you want an RO filter system , then buy one yourself and not through these criminals , the average price for an Ro system is no more that 200 to 300 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

ROFL

From pureh2o.ie site
    H2O’s Aqualite water purifier uses an innovative and patented process known as Reverse Osmosis

From consumer board site
    Water treated by reverse osmosis (RO) contains very few or no minerals, so it does not conduct electricity. Therefore no discolouration will be visible in the RO water.

The tricksters claim that the discolouration is caused by the tap water (and even bottled mineral water) being ‘contaminated’ and not fit for human consumption. In fact, the minerals in tap water and bottled water are required by international water quality standards – which set a minimum and maximum level for all common minerals and pollutants.

board om: Can you tell me exactly what their product does to water? I'm not calling them fraudsters or scam artists but they (pureh2o.ie) say, and I quote "freeing water from any kind of impurity it contains, such as contaminants or micro organisms". The test they conduct at peoples houses does NOT prove the water is contaminated, it proves that the water is er... water (which naturally contains minerals like calcium and magnesium). It is these natural minerals that produce the black goo, NOT contaminants as they are claiming.

So either they are extremely and conveniently ignorant, or plain lying.

Take a look at this ,

The testing process is a well known scam , they even have a name for it , the Jam jar scam ,

http://www.ncf.org.za/docs/publications/consumerfair/vol4/testing.html

So , anyone who has been done ,take them to court , its a known fraudulent practice and you will win !!
    Note the famous companies in the list at the bottom who are " known" to be practising this scam !

lol, this is site in Sout Africa. and this company arent even on the list. your point is non existent.

and i have no interest in them, i am just sick of idiots jumping on the RIP OFF bandwagon every chance they get, i dont think a day goes by without someone bringing up the small claims courts. but i dont think anyone has ever even taken the time to read the legislation of the small claims court.

this is another perfect example. someone comes on to boards and starts slagging off his business compepitior. a couple of people come back saying thay also received a phone call or visit. not that they were riped off, that they received a phone call or visit. 10 times as many people come back saying actually that comapny are fine and they are not a rip off or a scam. but then someone like you starts dragging up pages from South Afria which doesnt even name the company we were all talking about and now you have labelled them a scam.

tell me where on that site you posted that it names the comapny we are discussing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Florida, USA: http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/PubInf/News_Room/07-05/07-27-05_scam.htm

Washington, USA:
    http://www.examiner.com/a-878071~Be_on_the_lookout_for_water_filter_scam.html

board om, it doesn't say the name of the company on any of those websites. But they actually say it on their OWN website that they are selling a reverse osmosis system, and use techniques like tds metres to test the water. It actually is quite clearly a scam because they are LYING to people. Do you not see that? They are telling people their tap water is contaminated from their test results, which test for natural minerals in the water. That is out and out lying. There's no 2 ways about it.

• Advertisement

ROFL

From pureh2o.ie site

From consumer board site

board om: Can you tell me exactly what their product does to water? I'm not calling them fraudsters or scam artists but they (pureh2o.ie) say, and I quote "freeing water from any kind of impurity it contains, such as contaminants or micro organisms". The test they conduct at peoples houses does NOT prove the water is contaminated, it proves that the water is er... water (which naturally contains minerals like calcium and magnesium). It is these natural minerals that produce the black goo, NOT contaminants as they are claiming.

So either they are extremely and conveniently ignorant, or plain lying.

hey, i have no idea and i havent claimed to have any idea. it could change your normal tap water into chocolate fudge sundae for all i know :)

all i know about these guys is they are in business a long time and they sell quite expensive water purifier systems to households, they do very well out of it, and they are not a scam or a rip off. they offer a product and if the custoner likes it the buy it.

my problem is with people labeling companies a scam when there is nothing to back it up. in my opinion of you let someone into your house, let them do a 5 minute test and then afterwards based on that test you hand them nearly €3k without checking things out for yourself, then it is you that is being stupid.

i just think people jump to this RIP OFF or SCAM coclusion a bit too quckly these day, thats all. and i think people should slow before making accusations like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

bugler wrote: »
    Don't let anyone into your house.

+1 .............

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

board om wrote: »
    but from knowing them as a client of mine through a completley differnt industry many, many years ago, i know them as a professional company to deal with. they were credit worthy, had accoutns in order, had no outstanding judgements, paid their bills on time, etc. in my opinion that is a professional company.

I'll bet Hitler paid for his incinerators on time - he was very professional.

Scam, dubious sales tactics or just a hard sell, call it what you will but if someone is scaring oul ones into getting these systems with a little bit of dramatic pseudo science then that is a problem. They are essentially basing their sale on a falsehood. If the company are paying on commission only they are not absolved from guilt if their sales people are up to no good.

Hypothetical but would you want...let's say... your widowed mother subjected to this pitch? I wouldn't so whether it's a scam or just unscrupulous sales tactics the OP is providing a fair warning to boards folks which I think is fair enough.

I have no idea what you are defending or why - the fact that they pay their bills is completely irrelevant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Slunk wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be much wrong with the company tbh. How is it a scam. They demonstate thier product and your option is to buy it. They try the hard sell yes,

Nothing wrong with dodgy double glazing salesmen or conservatory salesmen or eircom winback reps either , by precisely the same logic.

They were around my way a year or so back but thankfully they understood '**** off ' when I mentioned it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭JohnC.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    that test they use is the scam as if you use that electrode thing in any tap or bottled water it will create similar results!

Slightly OT, but bottled water isn't actually any better than tap water and can even be worse in areas with good tap water. People have come to believe that bottled water is better, but it isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

board om wrote: »
    i think it might be me he is accusing of being H2O employee which is pretty ridiculous. as i said before, i neither work nor am i affiliated with H20 in an way. I just know from professional experience that they are a genuine reputable company. and i dont agree that people or companies should be labelled a SCAM or RIP OFF with absolutely no proof or basis for it,

but it was on the joe duffy show so it must be true!!!! sure its not as if people call into the joe duffy show just to give out about anything, is it???
    all i know is if there is an expose on it in the sunday world then we will definitly know it is true, that will be it in concrete fact ;)

metroman_12000 you seem to be the one leading the SCAM witch hunt against H2O and apparently you did research and found out that the company directors changed the comapny name 3 times. this means you most likey know who the directors of H2O are by name. would this be because you work for a comapny called Aqua Treatment who sell very similiar products to H2O and if i am not mistaken the 2 comapnies would be in competition with each other???? www.aquatreatment.ie

correct me if i am wrong but i thought i would do some research as well and my research could be wrong but thats what it looks like to me.

so would i be correct in saying you work for Aqua Treatment???

interesting that he hasn't posted since.

i think there's more dodgy stuff going on in this thread though. a lot of posters seem to have too much knowledge about directors of water purification system companies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement