Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Disposal unit seen in rathfarnham

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw a bomb disposal unit with 3 police outriders and one unmarked car come up willbrook road with sirens blazing driving like mad - turned left and headed up towards terenure/rathmines (I think, could also have been back towards templeogue but that wouldnt have made much sense) - anyone know anything about it? was an unusual sight to see?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I think the bomb guys are based in Rathmines barracks, I've seen them around the area a good bit. Might have been an exercise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

EOD lads are based in Rathmines.

You guys would be surprised how frequently they're called out, almost daily.

Dublin (and Ireland as a whole) has a lot of unexploded ordnance. Anything from (recently) 'gangland pipe bombs to old IRA & War of Independance ordnance.

'Ordnance' can be any form of unexploded 'munitions.

Advertisement