Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Apprentice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

TYR -> wrote: »
    Cheers for the notification. It says to send a CV, what justice would that do to us with averge Joe job history?? I thought they'ed just want to see a portfolio of some of your drawings and interview you??

Probably the usual: that you actually have work experience, that you can stick with a job for a decent amount of time, what you have experience in and what levels of education you have. I'd say that including a portofolio / proof that you can draw is probably an advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 armageddon_pony

actually im thinkin of gettin tattoo gun n stuff and start tattooin.. have to get some of my drawings from PL and supply meself with some stuff and do some more drawings.. build up a small flahs and then thinkin of gettin machine n all the needed stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ask your mate too for some pointers, the guy who inked you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Originally Posted by Gauge
    One matchstick man pinup tattoo coming right up davey180
    im still waiting

Gauge wrote: »
    One matchstick man pinup tattoo coming right up davey180 :p

i drew mine
    vl008028.jpg
    would i be susessful applicant?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

That's an extremely literal take on matchstick men.

Gauge wrote: »
    That's an extremely literal take on matchstick men.
    worth a try:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 [Clo]

Hmm. I wonder what level of skill you have to have as an artist to be a tattooist, surely the hardest part would be doing the tattoo as opposed to drawing it?

[Clo] wrote: »
    Hmm. I wonder what level of skill you have to have as an artist to be a tattooist, surely the hardest part would be doing the tattoo as opposed to drawing it?
    university degree in arts id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

[Clo] wrote: »
    You'd have to be a very talented artist, as you have to be able to draw the images perfectly on paper, doing them on someone's skin is a skill that has to be learned after the talent has been proven to be enough on paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

davey180 wrote: »
    university degree in arts id say.

how would an arts degree help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

ha that reminds me of conversations my mother said she always used to get into after I left for college.. "Where's your daughter now?" "UCD." "Oh Cork, lovely. And what's she studying?" "Arts." "Oh she was always good at drawing.."

That's just being pedantic, it was quite obvious that he meant an Art degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mr. Rodrigez

Yeah tattoo apprentices dont get paid usually for the first year!
    Ya have to spend bout 6 months just cleaning the shop before ya even TOUCH someones skin.
    Its meant to be bollox hard!
    Im still looking for one!
    SOMEONE APPRENTICE ME!! Haha.

theres no "uni" in ireland with an art degree. hows THAT for being pedantic? thats why it made me wonder, it was the combo of the two mistakes that made me wonder what he meant.

skills,learning the art,brushes,drawing etc.Get my meaning.

or college? its the same as uni?

davey180 wrote: »
    skills,learning the art,brushes,drawing etc.Get my meaning.
    Davey what she was nit-picking at, was that an "Arts" degree is something that's used to refer to a jumbled degree where people do a variety of different subjects.

i really wasnt nit picking i honestly thought he meant on arts degree in a uni as opposed to an art degree in a college. a uni in ireland is different to a college. something about being a national uni ect, all i know was it was beaten into me by a careers service person that theres a difference.

Davey what she was nit-picking at, was that an "Arts" degree is something that's used to refer to a jumbled degree where people do a variety of different subjects.

and they're all academic subjects (ie. essays, presentations, lectures, sit down exams)unlike art.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Art students have to do all of that too.

yeah but not to the same degree.
    yeah i had my knickers in a twist too when my guidence one in school told me to do somethin 'academic' first before going to art college. i thought that was meant to be an insult towards art but thats what a teacher i had one summer in ncad said too. its much more practical in art courses and isnt really 'academic' by definition apparently. its not the same thing exactly doesnt mean its of less value its just not quite as academic.

i really wasnt nit picking i honestly thought he meant on arts degree in a uni as opposed to an art degree in a college. a uni in ireland is different to a college. something about being a national uni ect, all i know was it was beaten into me by a careers service person that theres a difference.
    Apologies then, I thought you were just taking the piss out of Davey, but I was wrong. Sorry!

Apologies then, I thought you were just taking the piss out of Davey, but I was wrong. Sorry!
    ?????

Advertisement