Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Need Short-term rental

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

I am living in an apartment for the last three years. Pay my rent in full and on time always. My landlord just informed me that they want us out of the apt on the 1st week of June. I have a contact until July and I am sure that there is nothing in it about giving either us of the landlord any rights to give a 2 month notice period during the tenancy period. I really dont weant to get into a war with my landlords...

My wife is due to give birth any day now so this is just awful timing!!!!
    I can't even tell her this until the baby is born as she has enough on her plate as it is. Does anyone have any ideas? Just need a place until the fall as we had planned to move then. Maybe some student accommodation could be empty over the summer period? Any ideas or suggestions would help. Many thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

Did landlord tell you why they wanted you out. Are they selling? Otherwise it can be difficult to evict you. Contact PRTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

3.5 months seems reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jharrb

Its not 3.5 months!

The rest of March.
    All of April.
    All of May.
    All of June.

Something I'm missing?

Sorry 1st week of June. My mistake there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Do the values given by threshold apply when a lease is present till June? If so, 2.5 months is more than is needed (unfortunately).

I am going to check with Threshold but I have a signed agreement until End of July. Surely that protects me once there is no clause?

Oh, where are you looking for?

Have a look here: http://www.prtb.ie/DownloadDocs/Terminating%20a%20tenancy%20S.doc
    Jharrb wrote: »
    I am going to check with Threshold but I have a signed agreement until End of July. Surely that protects me once there is no clause?
    It should, but check with Threshold.

What if you explain your situation to the landlord? Is there a risk they are evicting you because of the baby? That would be illegal (i wouldn't discuss that idea with the other half either).

Thanks so much Victor. I will go over this with a fine tooth comb :)
    We planned to move away anyway in the wall cos of the huge childcare costs in Dublin. I dont think we can afford to go in June so I need someplace to live for the Summer months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement