Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is White the new Black?

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

BMW_E92_Front_White.jpg2008-audi-a4-32-sline1.jpg
    2008-Mercedes-Benz-CLK-63-AMG-Black.jpggolf_gti_1_9w.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

no it is not, white cars in my opinion have always looked terrible and none of them pictured change my mind, people are simply buying white cars more these days because white is being used to market top of the range cars these days, possibly an effect of apples success with providing over priced gadgets in white

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

I think it is, and i like it. People complain white cars get dirty quicker, but in a country where it rains 25 hours a day, and roads that collect water better than a dam i dont see how any colour of car can be kept clean on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

White most definitely isn't the new black in my opinion.

I think a black car will always look good, whereas white looks a little tacky if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

I never have liked white cars. However a mate of mine bought a new white 3 Series last year, at the time I would have said he's mad but it does look well. I personally wouldn't buy a white car but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would not buy a white car, unless I got the greatest deal ever. So I could afford a repaint :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Nothing new there, White being the National racing colour of Japan, all there top sporty cars are all white, e.g Type-R Honda!
    Now the Euro's are getting in on the act i reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 helpme07

I saw a white RS4 and white M5 and they both looked amazing. White cars look good but they have to sporty to be able to pull of the look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

White is a great colour -

for WASHING MACHINES AND DISHWASHERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Have seen loads of 2008 cars in white ..more than ever before .It suits some really well eg the Golf

White is the best colour to show the lines of a car.

Give me white anyday over boring boring silver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

White is the possibly the easiest colour to touch up and match in a car after a crash. For those that are accident prone I would recommend buying a white car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

White is the possibly the easiest colour to touch up and match in a car after a crash. For those that are accident prone I would recommend buying a white car.

Everybody in the motors forum is a flawless driver with impeccable taste and unmatched natural driving skill.

How dare you make such a comment.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

what about white gold? I should be getting this next week

southsidemotorcocompany407GOL150.jpg

Come to think of it ..seen the new Range Rover it White yesterday.Am not uaually a fan of these but it looked sexy has hell. The blonde behind the wheel was not half bad either ;)

ShaneU wrote: »
    what about white gold? I should be getting this next week

southsidemotorcocompany407GOL150.jpg

Looks more gold than white

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Top-end white cars DO look excellent but in Ireland they look crap as they're completely impractical with our climate. If you lived in LA then great but rainy dull ireland? just look like a silly fad IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Invincible

White is alright for ambulances and emergency vehicles,but I would'nt buy one,noticed jap imports were common in white some years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

white is defenitely "in" at the moment. i used to hate white but its really grown on me in the last year or two. it really suits high end cars, lamborghinis especially imo, but also other cars such as bmw m3/m5, golf gti, merc s-class, audi a5, etc. i wouldnt buy a white car with my money, mostly because of the resale factor - i cant really see white being as popular as it is now in 5 years time. also black is a safe option, i always hear white cars being described as tacky/tastless/cheap looking whereas black is a neutral colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Barr wrote: »
    Looks more gold than white

Well white gold is the official name for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Barr wrote: »
    Have seen loads of 2008 cars in white ..more than ever before .It suits some really well eg the Golf

White is the best colour to show the lines of a car.

Give me white anyday over boring boring silver

I would certainly swap my silver GT for a white one

tdc wrote: »
    white is defenitely "in" at the moment. i used to hate white but its really grown on me in the last year or two. it really suits high end cars, lamborghinis especially imo

like this one

• Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

draffodx wrote: »
    no it is not, white cars in my opinion have always looked terrible and none of them pictured change my mind, people are simply buying white cars more these days because white is being used to market top of the range cars these days, possibly an effect of apples success with providing over priced gadgets in white

Well said! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

3 requirements for a white car really,

1: Its gotta be sporty, high end

2: Keep it clean...hand wash at once a week!!!

3: Make sure its a metallic/pearl white(obviously...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It depends on the car, white looks good on some and terrible on others, anything golf size or smaller looks rubbish.

I'm looking for a Prelude Type S at the moment, most came in white, which are OK, but black looks better.
    My 2nd last car was a Celica in white, loved it, but they just dont look nice in black.

P1010017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I love European cars that have been released in the states that are white. They tend to have all the exterior trimmings like slightly extended bumbers and chrome. The white they use also seems to be ever so slightly different.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

WHITE IS THE NEW BLACK.

I don't personally like it but it the latest craze. I bet ya they will date very quickly. It's being done before and white cars never hold their value well and will be hard to shift hen this craze is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭You

Depends on the car in question.
    At the end of the day, a clean, polished black car will always look sweet..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Definitely consider white for a car - but only in the last 2 years or so, and it would have to be on a worthy car, (i.e. not a jap import smokey Carina etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

this time next year we will all be saying orange is the new white

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's a new 5-series with the m-sport kit around here and I think it looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

i bought a white jeep this week and the only reason i done the deal was its a swb automatic and there very thin on the ground and beggars cant be choosers
    that and i got it at a very good price

the catch is , i really dont care for the colour

would have perfered a wine or maroon coloured one

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Just thinking white has always being fashionable, White van transit man has being setting this trend for years. :p

Advertisement