Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Las Vegas :mad:

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

So Game were doing a decent deal today two games for 25 euro which i thought wasnt bad considering what was on offer. So i bought R6 Las Vegas and Company of Heros. Decided to give R6 a go first and my god this game is a wh*re i mean i know Ubisoft are bad but this is just beyond awful.

I have a decent gaming rig its actually very good bar a average GPU

Intel Q6600
    2Gb Crosair
    P35 DS3R Mobo
    Saphaire X1550

That can run most games on medium/low high

But sadly R6 thinks this rig is a pile of sh*t and decides to run at a constant 7 FPS regardless what settings are on. Im incredibly pissed off and im only glad i have COH to play now.

Anyone else have a similar experince?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah its tough on system requirements. It is the Unreal 3 engine. Your rig is fine but that graphics card you have is the weak link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Have similar system except my graphics card is an 8800gts and I am running the game maxed out with no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

No offence but that is not a 'decent gaming rig.'

It's not even a gaming rig at all....The X1550 is rubbish and ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

The Queen wrote: »
    No offence but that is not a 'decent gaming rig.'

It's not even a gaming rig at all....The X1550 is rubbish and ancient.

Have to agree with this, that GPU is an insult to the q6600 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Even so, R6 Vegas is notorious for its utterly sh1te performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Stephen wrote: »
    Even so, R6 Vegas is notorious for its utterly sh1te performance.

Yeah its annoying there seems to be no balance in the spec for this game at all either your pc meets every single detail of the spec or it wont work :( Guess ill have to store it away until my new GPU in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

isn't there a patch available that fixes things up a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

isn't there a patch available that fixes things up a bit?
    A few patches iirc. I have it running fine with an 8600GT in a laptop.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Yeah its annoying there seems to be no balance in the spec for this game at all either your pc meets every single detail of the spec or it wont work :( Guess ill have to store it away until my new GPU in the summer

Well in fairness, it's not like your video card is mid range, it's complete bottom of the barrel stuff! How did you end up with a quad and a X1550?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

all the power in the world wont overturn a poor gpu

make the investment mate, the game is worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

lol OP,kinda same boat(altho mine is not quad core) ,mine AMDX2 6000+ with Geforce6200,cant even run halflife2!SC:Pandora box can be played like in extremely slow motion!

ah well you get what i was intended to do,a poor student upgrade his pc but found out not enough money for a new decent card,instead keeping his old 2003(or 2004?)card....

Ah lads i know the GPU is awful i didnt plan to get it mis communication with the buyer and i got stuck with this so im waiting till the summer and ill have a new one. But my main problem with the game is the zero leverage i can play Crysis, COD4 on medium settings fine but on this game it just wants to look like a shade of brown

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

i can play Crysis, COD4 on medium settings fine

No you can't :D

I can barely run COD4 "fine" on medium settings with a X1800XT 512 and crysis would just laugh at it

conzymahr wrote: »
    No you can't :D

I can barely run COD4 "fine" on medium settings with a X1800XT 512 and crysis would just laugh at it

Make a note i dont play on extremely large res's for some reason. I keep sticking with 1024 x 768 except HL2 games. So yeah i actually can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hang on, Crysis @ 1024*768 yet R6V struggles?

Seriously, install the patches for R6V.

Some people don't know what "fine" is, fine is a minimum framerate above 25, preferably in the 30-40fps region at the very least....

The X1550 is a terrible card, its not even a "gaming card" its a low profile bargain basement card thats about 1/6th the speed of an 8600gt, it gets around
    10fps in COD2 @ 1024*768....

So stop complaining about Rainbow Six being crap when you didn't even patch it and its clearly your graphics card that is the weak link, it will NOT run Rainbow six "fine" as it cant even run the previous generation of games fine..

3850 512mb 135 euro

8800gt 512mb 189 euro

kaimera wrote: »
    Hang on, Crysis @ 1024*768 yet R6V struggles?

Seriously, install the patches for R6V.

They'v done nothing to improve it. I love how people who dont have my system are now telling me how it exactly runs on certain games. Benchmarking sites only go so far lads so dont put words in my mouth. Iv finished COD4, iv got to the Zero G thing in Crysis and put it away as the game spiralled into the depths of disappointment

They'v done nothing to improve it. I love how people who dont have my system are now telling me how it exactly runs on certain games. Benchmarking sites only go so far lads so dont put words in my mouth. Iv finished COD4, iv got to the Zero G thing in Crysis and put it away as the game spiralled into the depths of disappointment

In fairness that's like claiming your fiat punto can reach 200mph; you can claim it's true all you want, but it's obviously not. There is no way on this earth an X1550 can run Crysis at 1024x768 medium settings at anywhere near 25fps, those are the settings I have to play with my 8600gt - about triple the power of the x1550 - to get 25fps, which is just borderline acceptable.

In fact I'm reading reviews now of the card, again, and in the COD2 test at 1024x768 4x aa, it gets 12fps - and thats online, not even the more demanding SP! I can only imagine how horrible COD4 would be....

It's a renamed X1300 basically with slightly higher clocks...about 55% the power of the ancient 7600GS for comparison.

• Advertisement

This thread is just silly :D

Nobody is putting words in your mouth, the X1550 cannot run Crysis or COD4 fine.

Go buy a real graphics card and then if Rainbow six doesn't work come back and we'll help

Advertisement