Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish Tank Wanted...

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello

I am looking to get a fish tank cos i want to see the amazement on my wee daughter's face when she see's all the tiny fish swimming around.. ok mine too...
    They really cost a fortune in pet shops.

does anyone have a fish tank that they don't want or are willing to sell for cheap? If so, please let me know. I'd love to get it for her 3rd bday.

Thanks

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I'd try adverts.ie and buy & sell. If it's a large tank you're after be aware that they're bloody heavy and generally a messy job to move. If it's for tropical fish you'll also discover the costs of heaters, filters, cabinets and hoods. These can cost more than the initial tank, so try and find a second hand one which comes with as much as possible and in good condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Hi

I have a tropical fish tank for sale

Hood - light - pump and gravel

60cm wide - 30cm depth - 40cm high

€70 if your interested

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

If you're into low maintenance don't go for marine fish tanks(salt water) A lot of kids get conned by this as Nemos(or clownfish) are saltwater. The maintenance is huge, you need purified water, mixed with salt, a whole reef type setup for filtering, test kits so your water quality stays right. The fish are only 20-30 quid but the up keep more then adds up. I'd love to get rid of mine but couldn't justify it for anything less then 400.

If she's only 3 surely a goldfish in a cold water bubble will do?

Advertisement