Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q for the ladies...

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

I'm racking my brains about where to bring a girl (in dublin), on a first date. Usually a drink would suffice but she doesnt drink. Also going for a drink is just so boring anyway - has anyone got any good ideas? Have you ever been taken anywhere nice/fun/great that doesnt involve drinking?

I know its a pretty sad state of affairs that i cant think of anywhere that doesnt involve drink, pretty poor reflection on society (or maybe just me)....but any ideas are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i've seen a few good suggestions on this subject in here before so you should get some good ones.
    Only dates i been on that didnt involve drink were A leisure-y place with Bowling and stuff...
    and there was the time he drove to the Mountatins somewhere and we walked around for a while just yapping. (Sounds proper Dodgy but it was good!) of course...suggestign anything to do with the mountains is dodgy anyway...best not go there... hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

There's always the National Gallery or Museum if you want to go look at things - at least you'll have ready made conversation pieces!

How about coffee/tea and cake somewhere? There's lots of places that stay open later in the city centre, eg Busy Feet and Coco and Metro at the St Stephens Green shopping centre end of Sth William St. Mmmm, cake....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

A trip to the zoo?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The Zoo and bowling are good suggestions, depends what you're both into, how old she is etc I suppose. I'd love going out to go bowling but there loads of girls that would think that was a crap date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Bingo :D

Ah noooo - zoo sounds good...dont do the cinema, no talking...how about dinner? She doesnt have to drink!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You could bring her out to a comedy gig- everyone loves comedy! Even if it's crap you two can laugh about how crap it is :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Piste wrote: »
    You could bring her out to a comedy gig- everyone loves comedy! Even if it's crap you two can laugh about how crap it is :p

I like this idea!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

How about just a nice meal somewhere? You don't have to drink at it. I think eating together is a really social thing to do and it'll give you a chanc to have a chat. Also, youll get to see what kind of eater she is! (i.e. tiny salad that she picks at - not good or, giant steak - she likes her grub, excellent!)

You just have to pick a nice restaurant. You could always go do something fun afterwards like comedy above, is a good suggestion.

I just think you need somewhere where you can talk and get to know each other. That's why the cinema is not a great first date! (or anywhere else loud ith no talking)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

yeah... comedy club is good idea... or food is always good.. hmmm im hungry..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The only time i went on a date with a girl in Dublin i brought her ice skating. she was really excited at first as she had never done it before but ended up terrified. then while she sat down i started to do some tricks and before ya knew it i body slammed into, naturally, the biggest puddle in the place. but to this day day she still thinks it was the best date she was ever on. probably the fact she didn't stop laughing at me for 3 days :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

What about a few games of pool? And then dinner or something?
    Dublin has so many museums too if shes into that sorta thing.
    Or go to Malahide Castle for the day. You can go on a tour of the castle! Its gorgeous but I'm sure the weather would try and ruin it for ya!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Yeah Malahide castle is a good idea and some lovely restaurants along the Marina for after or if the weather is nice (that's a big if!) go for a walk along the beach there.

Depends where you're from though, it might not be an option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

perfect idea. the laughter lounge!! can't get better than that. it's a great ice breaker. that is where my fella brought me on our first date. was perfect. and you dont' have to drink there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Or the Bankers Pub have good comedy nites too.. And it aint full of wankers, sorry bankers!

Advertisement