Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruin-air

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I haven't even taken off the ground and they're already making my blood boil!

So i booked rtn flights to Glasgow from Cork over 2 weeks ago. Everything fine.
    Now, one week before i leave i recieve the following email:

Subject: "Important Advice: Scheduled changes to flight times"

Ryanair wish to advise that since moving to our new reservation system (on 25th February), we have experienced some minor problems notifying some passengers of scheduled changes to their flight timings. We hope to fix this software problem over the coming days and apologise most sincerely for any inconvenience caused to affected passengers.

In line with our recommendation in Ryanair’s Terms and Conditions; we strongly advise that all passengers re-check their outward/return flight timings on www.ryanair.com between 24 and 72 hours prior to departure.

If you wish to review your booking and to check the flight and passenger details - please click on one of the links below:

I check my flights after recieving this email and instead of leaving Glasgow at 20:55 they change my flights to 07:05. A 14hr difference...
    This is completely unacceptable for me and the worst thing is that they have no customer service facilities whatsoever besides some high premium dublin telephone no.

Anyone have experience of something like this?
    How do i get a refund?
    Is there a possibility that my original flight may reappear "24-72hrs prior to departure"?

Get a refund and fly Aer Arann to Edinburgh and bus it to Glasgow!!

Aer Arann changed my flights recently but in fairness they notified me in February of the flight change in May and let me change days free. Well I suppose they had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I haven't even taken off the ground and they're already making my blood boil!

So i booked rtn flights to Glasgow from Cork over 2 weeks ago. Everything fine.
    Now, one week before i leave i recieve the following email:

Subject: "Important Advice: Scheduled changes to flight times"

Ryanair wish to advise that since moving to our new reservation system (on 25th February), we have experienced some minor problems notifying some passengers of scheduled changes to their flight timings. We hope to fix this software problem over the coming days and apologise most sincerely for any inconvenience caused to affected passengers.

In line with our recommendation in Ryanair’s Terms and Conditions; we strongly advise that all passengers re-check their outward/return flight timings on www.ryanair.com between 24 and 72 hours prior to departure.

If you wish to review your booking and to check the flight and passenger details - please click on one of the links below:

I check my flights after recieving this email and instead of leaving Glasgow at 20:55 they change my flights to 07:05. A 14hr difference...
    This is completely unacceptable for me and the worst thing is that they have no customer service facilities whatsoever besides some high premium dublin telephone no.

Anyone have experience of something like this?
    How do i get a refund?
    Is there a possibility that my original flight may reappear "24-72hrs prior to departure"?
    Ryanair Customer Service: Ireland 0818 30 30 30
    I believe 0818 numbers are charged at a national rate which is 4.9c per min off peak and weekends & 8.17c per min peak from what I know and on their terms and conditions on ryanair.ie is:
    Flight cancellations and schedule changes

* If your flight is cancelled or before the date of travel, is rescheduled so as to depart more than three hours before or after the original departure time then you will be entitled to a travel credit or full refund of all monies paid if the alternative flight/s offered are not suitable to you and you do not travel.
    I honestly cannot understand why people love to give out about them when they are better than the likes of aerlingus IMO at a fraction of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

axer wrote: »
    I honestly cannot understand why people love to give out about them when they are better than the likes of aerlingus IMO at a fraction of the cost.

i agree completely. up until a few years ago a flight to the UK cost about £200, it had to be booked weeks or months in advance, and you actually had to go to a travel agent to book and pay for it. nowadays you get flights to the UK for couple of euro, you can book the flight the night before, and all from the comfort of your own home.

with companies like ryanair you get what you pay for, you pay fcuk all and you get a seriously cheap flight. in fact you probably couldnt even get a train from dublin to cork for the amount it costs to fly to europe with them. when you are going for something that cheap you have to be open to a bit of compromise. you cant expect to fly for next to no money and expect first class treatment. you get what you pay for in this world. and everyone knows that ryanair can be a bit non-customer friendly, in fact i am sure they even know they arent cusotmer friendly. it could nearly be their sloan at this stage. but they do exactly what it says on the tin, they offer a a budget service at a low price.

that is not to say i dont feel for you OP. that is a pain in the ass having to switch around your times that drastically. i would keep trying to call them and see if they can get you a later time. you will be waiting longer than 20 minutes though, which isnt that bad. i remember trying to call ntl a few times and i was well over 45 minutes on hold. and likewise with eircom.

good luck with it

P.S. i jst wait for the folow up posts now of "oh, he must work for Ryanair" and "it looks like ryaanair have their spies out". thats right, i am really michael o'leary, here is a million euro each......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

A major airline company refusing to put any email addresses on their website is unacceptable to be honest.
    Then why did you book with them?

I can imagine if they did have an email address on their website most of the email coming through would be from whingers expecting first class service for a third class price.

Would you be prepared to pay the difference of having a first class customer service team with a 2 minute SLA for answering the phone?
    As for that phone number, I called it yesterday and i was on hold for 20mins until i hung up.
    Unfortunately that is usually the case with most major companies in Ireland as someone mentioned earlier. You could try them first thing in the morning when the service line opens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement