Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling & Buying House Fees

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi All,

we're currently selling or 3 bed house in Arklow and buying a 4 bed in the same estate. we are uysing the same solicitor for this as we did when we bought the 3 bed and he just sent me a quote for what he is charging - €4225(1775 for selling and 2450 for buying). selling the 3 bed for €335,000(12 months old) and 4 bed is €355,000(brand new)

is this very expensive or what is the average solicitor fees for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

sprint316 wrote: »
    Hi All,

we're currently selling or 3 bed house in Arklow and buying a 4 bed in the same estate. we are uysing the same solicitor for this as we did when we bought the 3 bed and he just sent me a quote for what he is charging - €4225(1775 for selling and 2450 for buying). selling the 3 bed for €335,000(12 months old) and 4 bed is €355,000(brand new)

is this very expensive or what is the average solicitor fees for this?

Like all these things shop around and go with best quote. Do not confine yourself to solicitors in area. Although solicitors would never price fix as this is illegal you tend to find that all solicitors in a certain area will all charge the same. In my experience solicitors in Dublin are cheaper. Smaller groups of solicitors or singlke handed solicitors are usually cheaper.
    Get the phone book out and call 20-30 solicitors

Advertisement