Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomond Village?

Options
  • 20-03-2008 7:48pm

So.. I really wanted to live in plassey as its my first year in september and I dont know anybody else going to UL.. but everywhere else has gone besides thomond. Just wondering do many first years actually live there.. I thought it was mainly post grads.. Whats it like? Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

From what I hear its fairly OK, the apartments are pretty nice though they are one of the most expensive student places around UL. It isnt crawling with 1st years like Plassey but there is still a fair few around. As far as I know they try and put the different years together anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm living there this year and also did last year. There is and was loads of first years there so don't worry about that. Last year it was brilliant there, this year it's alot quieter. Perhaps its due to most of my friends who were there moving on, buit rag week definitely was alot quieter around the place this year.

One of the blocks is reserved for postgrads/mature students, but it's not noticably quieter than any other student village. It's a nice place, the apartments are spacious and only a few years old.

I'm ****ing sick to death of that bridge though, and for that and other reasons will be off campus next year.

But, overall, really good place to live for first years (was for me last year anyway). Cappavilla might be a better bet for you though, especially with the shop/café opening up there. Lots of first years there too. You'll have fun wherever you go though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Ava-Adore wrote: »
    but everywhere else has gone besides thomond.
    Do you mean that Kilmurry, Dromroe and Cappa are all full for next semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

dromroe defo is full kilmurry is full for anyone but 1st years as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

if it makes you feel any better me and 3 others are going to be staying in thomond next year. were all first years. I was our first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

oh ye there are loads of first years in thomond its just not as much of a party place as kilmurry or plassey but you couldnt pay me enough to live in plassey its a dive kilmurry isnt much better but at least iv a double bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

if it makes you feel any better me and 3 others are going to be staying in thomond next year. were all first years. I was our first choice.

I've been drinking and one of the forum mods is sitting beside me so forgive any offense I cause. But god (or who ever else you pray to) help Thomond and CSIS when you shower arrive next semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

rmacm wrote: »
    I've been drinking

Was there really a need to state the obvious? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Was there really a need to state the obvious? :p

Yep.

The Rory Rule For all of rmacm's posts the consumption of alcohol will result in a downward slope on a graph of Quality vs Time. (Quality being on the Y axis and Time on the X axis). It can therefore be deduced that in all rmacm posts, alcohol is involved. Unless stated otherwise. This is a very rare exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54280480&postcount=1

I was sober when I wrote the above.....I'm too lazy to pick out other examples but I do write a lot of posts when I'm sober. Anyway while I'm here I might as well continue in the fashion that you are all accustomed to at this stage.

Oi ninty9er we have unfinished business on the ULSU Elections thread where you need to post up admitting that you were talking ****e about the plural of referendum :). You also need to apologise for slighting the good name of the OED.

Also get back over to Nets & Comms and enlighten us as to what exactly you want access to and we'll see if we can help. We're a nice bunch over there most of the time (except me of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Hey man dont worry, lived in thomand this year before i dropped out(first year btw) and i thought it was mad craic, the comfyst beds in the world too(seriously) couches are a bit stiff but its college accom so i guess thats not to bad. Plassy is ok too, everytime iv been up there theres been good atmophere around the place, cant say the houses themselves are great though. If i were you id go with thomand, but thats just my prefrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Patricide wrote: »
    couches are a bit stiff but its college accom so i guess thats not to bad.
    If your looking for good couches Groody is the only place to be:D Having said that though im not impressed with alot of other things here and probably wouldnt move back in (not that it matters anyway since im in 4th year!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Couches here are pretty shocking alright. Contraceptive couches. Although, put two of them facing each other and you've got a magnificent fort/bed type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

so true, its great to lie in when your hungover, and should be in college haha.

Advertisement