Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeaky clutch!

Options
  • 20-03-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hey guys

Iv just bought myself a 99 vw bora tdi and im having problems with a
    squeaky clutch. The problem happens occasionaly when going into first gear or reverse and seems to be more likely to happen when it is under load ie doing a hillstart or when i have a couple of people in the car, im not sure but it could also be more likely to happen when the weather is damp although im not certain on that one.

The clutch bite is very solid and bites fairly early after I release the clutch, its not slipping either, I tried to start it from standstill in third gear giving it high revs and the engine stalled which proved that the clutch isnt slipping, So I dont think its a problem to do with the clutch plate.

Iv also been told that its something to do with the clutch cable, which would make sense, ie its when I take my foot of the clutch slowly that it squeeks but its a hydraulic clutch and i cant see any cables around the clutch.

Thanks in advance guys! :D

Advertisement