Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi autos

Options
  • 20-03-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Anyone know of any decent .22 semi's besides ruger 10/22 and remi 597?
    Thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

CZ 511 is good, anshcutz and krico used to make good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Browning does a fine one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Cheers lads, cz and anshcutz are discontinued, cant find anything on krico and no dealers are selling the rest.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

what about a savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If you would be interested in Browning ring Ardee Sports. As far as I know they're the importer.They won't sell to you as they're wholesalers but they'll be able to give you an idea on rrp's and if you're interested purchase through your dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

boc121 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any decent .22 semi's besides ruger 10/22 and remi 597?
    Thanks lads.

Forgive my asking, but why knock the Ruger out of the running? Savage little beast it is.:)

Thanks for the info lads.

Forgive my asking, but why knock the Ruger out of the running? Savage little beast it is.:)

Too small Jose, its like a toy in my hands.
    Iwas thinking one of these.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/60SS.aspx

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

boc121 wrote: »
    Too small Jose, its like a toy in my hands.
    Iwas thinking one of these.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/60SS.aspx

Thanks again.

That's a nice rifle boc121, if it suits you, which is the most important thing I suppose. Being a small guy the Ruger fits me nicely, and packs a punch with its 25 round mags! Plus it has probably the most aftermarket parts and customization potential of any rifle ever made. But, if it's not your thing, it's not your thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have a remmy 597 in 22 wmr and find it a very good rifle, compact and accurate bit chunkier than the ruger, Have you tried it :)

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/rimfire_rifles/model_597/model_597_magnum_LS_HB_specs.asp

I was considering the Remington as my first rifle a year or two ago and I was soundly assured that it jams like f*ck after 50 rounds, so I went with the Ruger.... being a beginner I took the advice at face value and was glad I did, the Ruger just has so many aftermarket goodies, I can tinker with it all day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I looked at the Ruger for the same reason however I found it difficult to get the ruger in 22 wmr. In the end I have had no problems with the 597. Over christmas I shot off 100 rounds plinking at clays never jammed once. The only downside to the 597 is the bucking magazine I only put 6 in it and no problems she struggles with the 8 capacity :mad:

I looked at the Ruger for the same reason however I found it difficult to get the ruger in 22 wmr. In the end I have had no problems with the 597. Over christmas I shot off 100 rounds plinking at clays never jammed once. The only downside to the 597 is the bucking magazine I only put 6 in it and no problems she struggles with the 8 capacity :mad:

Yeah 10/22 is hard to get in mag and 17hmr, but I was happy with LR. And my mags handle 25 rounds without a hitch!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

And my mags handle 25 rounds without a hitch!:p

Now soon to mean your rifle will be restricted ? :(

Now soon to mean your rifle will be restricted ? :(

Nah, I'll just get rid of the mags I suppose... Now we know how the yanks felt when the AWB came in.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Nah, I'll just get rid of the mags I suppose... Now we know how the yanks felt when the AWB came in.:o

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Fear not!! Yankee ingenuity to the rescue! Google Tri star mags for Ruger 10/22:D;).Or Butler creek makes them.Perfectly legal over in the USA,and will be here too.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Fear not!! Yankee ingenuity to the rescue! Google Tri star mags for Ruger 10/22:D;).Or Butler creek makes them.Perfectly legal over in the USA,and will be here too.

I have the butler creek ones, still 25 round cap so will make the rifle restricted? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement