Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog is very quiet and clingy since coming back from a dog kennel

Options
  • 20-03-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I had my dog in a kennel for 2 weeks while I was on holidays with my partner. She has stayed in this kennel before but never for this long. Anyway since we got her back (last Saturday) she has been really quiet and a bit withdrawn and has taken to lying near me and following me where ever I go.

Should I just ignore the behaviour or is there something else I shoudl be doing? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just be your normal self, she'll come out of it again.

We also collected our dogs last Sat after 2 weeks. They also were a bit more clingy than usual to start with, but they are now well back to treating us as usual (i.e their servants :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Yea when we bring my dog back she follows me around the house for about a day or two it's usualy a case of wherever I am the dog is and wherever I go the dog goes. I think it's because she's afraid of being left again .. so prob trying to make sure you don't run off again!

My cat on the other hand, when she gets back we don't see her for ages, she hates us after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Myself and the hubby went to France for 3 weeks and left benson, our labrador, in a kennel during that time. When we returned he was unusually quiet for a day or two and then he attacked the hubby for no reason while he was watching home and away. It stopped as soon as it started leaving the hub's with only a few teeth marks on his thigh but it certainly unnerved him. He has been grand since, probably a little warning not to leave him in a kennel again.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Don't worry, it's completely normal. I used to work in kennels and we'd see this all the time. Just make sure you don't over compensate for your absence by constantly paying attenetion to the dog, cos then the next time you go away they'll be even more insecure.

Advertisement