Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I connect everything please?

• 20-03-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought an xbox on ebay. It's a basic one with 256mb memory card. The connection from the xbox to the HDTV is via an A/V cable. There is a HDMI port on the box. If I buy a HDMI cable, can I connect the xbox to HDTV this way? How then can I obtain surround sound through my amplifier? There is no optical port. I am not pleased with the current setup as the picture quality is no better than the 1st xbox on my CRT.
    Any tips appreciated on improving the setup,
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Is ur 360 new? If so it should have a hdmi port underneath where the scart goes into it. If not you can use the component set, (red green blue) and then the two audio (red/white) and plug them into your tv, flick the switch on the back of the video lead from normal tv to HDTV and that will improve the quality significantly. In relation to sound, if you dont have an optical in on your amp, then you might have audio out on your telly and you can use a component set from your telly to that. Failing that if its a surround sound u can get a bi-directional scart from your telly to your amp and that should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

allybhoy wrote: »
    Is ur 360 new?

No it's not new. I bought it used. Did the earlier version support HDMI? At the back of this box, there is what looks looks a HDMI port just above the "phone line port", but it also could be a USB port? There are no more ports,
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only the newer models have hdmi, the one you have only supports component and vga. the only way you'll get surround sound is by connecting the red and white phono cables into the back of the surround sound system, optical isn't supported.

Advertisement