Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] Large double en-suite room, D3.

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hellllp,

Getting desparate now, I have a large double en-suite room up for rent, available from April 5th in East Wall, Dublin 3. I've had the ad up on Daft.ie and a few other places for the past 2 weeks, but all I'm getting are time wasters who email and text looking for viewings and then never turn up.

So pass the word around - would suit a professional male/female working in the East Wall Business Park or IFSC, is in close proximity to city centre. Rent is €725 a month, with a months deposit. Bills shared, cable television, great views over looking the city, wireless broadband, free calls to UK and Ireland landlines, all the usual mod cons.

If interested, please check out the ad on www.daft.ie/323730 and help a panicky girl out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

The problem is that you're looking for 725 a month when a person could have their own 1 bedroom place for around the same, or only 100 or so more extra.
    Even a couple would find it hard to justify 362 a month each when they could rent a room in a larger house for 400 or 500, and split that

That's just my opinion though, and why I'd be reluctant to even take a viewing, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to pay that eventually, stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

€725 is really high! Even though having an ensuite is great and the room might be lovely, I think you will find it hard to rent it out at that price, especially when you have to pay bills on top of that.

Have you considered reducing it down to €600? You might get more takers that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

holy Moses

725pm

That's unreal
    Lower the price by 100 and you may get less time wasters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Deargiest

Sadly, while high, it's pretty much average price for this complex and for being so close to the IFSC. I don't own the place, so don't have a choice to lower the rent. Another room in an apartment in this complex went for 700, which was without an en-suite and owner occupied, another one was 750 which wasn't owner occupied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

What are your circumstances if you don't mind me asking? Are you subletting the room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

days are over !! I will never rent a room in 750€ even if at IFSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Deargiest wrote: »
    Sadly, while high, it's pretty much average price for this complex and for being so close to the IFSC. I don't own the place, so don't have a choice to lower the rent. Another room in an apartment in this complex went for 700, which was without an en-suite and owner occupied, another one was 750 which wasn't owner occupied.

Keep the price at €750 but throw in a maid/laundry service included with the price! You will do a weekly clothes wash, ironing service and dinner prepared each evening for the lucky tenant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Way overpriced and let's face it, East Wall is not exactly the most desirable area around. Convienant maybe but the bad rep still holds.
    To be fair, it seems to be improving but that's of no concern to a renter who can move anywhere they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Deargiest

Keep the price at €750 but throw in a maid/laundry service included with the price! You will do a weekly clothes wash, ironing service and dinner prepared each evening for the lucky tenant!

If he's cute, single and free... no problem! :D

Since I posted earlier on, I noted another room in this complex going for 750... so 725 is definitely average. And yes, while East Wall is still a bit of a rough place... it's marked as the next up and coming area... what a pile of.... monkey nuts ;)

If I don't get anyone, I will be forced to break the lease (have to find where I stand on that one) and look elsewhere for myself and return to the sad long commute on rainy mornings. (Strike up the violins!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Since I posted earlier on, I noted another room in this complex going for 750... so 725 is definitely average. And yes, while East Wall is still a bit of a rough place...

Then I'm sure it will be snatched up fairly quickly and you wont need to be panicing looking for help on the internet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If he's cute, single and free... no problem! :D

Since I posted earlier on, I noted another room in this complex going for 750... so 725 is definitely average. And yes, while East Wall is still a bit of a rough place... it's marked as the next up and coming area... what a pile of.... monkey nuts ;)

If I don't get anyone, I will be forced to break the lease (have to find where I stand on that one) and look elsewhere for myself and return to the sad long commute on rainy mornings. (Strike up the violins!)

I think you should start telling the landlord that you dont feel safe in the area, lots of gangs at night and try and orchestrate a move away. Its all very well saying you have signed a lease and you feel you must honour the agreement but its a renters market out there which is favouring renters more and more with each passing week. I dread to think how much you are paying as part of the lease agreement but if you are letting the other room for €750, Can I assume you are paying €500? Way way too much and somewhat naive of you to agree to such a lease (regardless of location) I wish you luck with the course of action you decide on but remember to look after number 1 and dont feel obliged to pay some other fcukers mortgage for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Can I assume you are paying €500? Way way too much and somewhat naive of you to agree to such a lease (regardless of location) I wish you luck with the course of action you decide on but remember to look after number 1 and dont feel obliged to pay some other fcukers mortgage for them!
    Where do you get the impression about that?!!

Sounds to me that the OP is in a place they like living that convenient to their lifestyle and work and doesn't want to leave unless they have to.
    They already said that they are not the owner of the place so have really dont have much to say about the rent bar that they are looking for someone to share the gaff with them.

OP I think you are just coming to realise that you are over paying for what you have, the housing bubble is bursting and massive rentals even in nice areas are no longer sustainable thus the amazed sounds from people here.

I think you need to either move out or renegotiate rent with your landlord, the market has changed a lot in the last 6 months.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 beattie

725 seems way way to high too look for. I would agree with the previous poster that you should be looking for a way out on this lease. If you are not willing to do that I would reduce to 600 immediately. At least that should give you some piece of mind if you have someone to take it. Rents are on their way down and will only continue to do so due to the deterioration in the economy added to the sharp increase in supply recently.

Longfield wrote: »
    Where do you get the impression about that?!!

She is letting the ensuite room in a 2 bed apartment close to IFSC. 2 beds in East Wall are going for €1250 on Daft. €1250 less the €750 that the other tenant would pay leaves me with a figure of €500 but I did only do Ordinary Maths in the leaving!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

You seem to be under the false impression that putting a smiley at the end of your comment makes you witty. Really, it doesn't.

2 bed - 1800
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[search_type]=rental&s[a_id]=ga1&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=542986

2 bed - 2000
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[search_type]=rental&s[a_id]=ga1&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=534724

2 bed - 1600
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[search_type]=rental&s[a_id]=ga1&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=10&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=531062

First 3 I found.

You seem to be under the false impression that putting a smiley at the end of your comment makes you witty. Really, it doesn't.

2 bed - 1800
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[search_type]=rental&s[a_id]=ga1&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=542986

2 bed - 2000
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[search_type]=rental&s[a_id]=ga1&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=534724

2 bed - 1600
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[search_type]=rental&s[a_id]=ga1&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=10&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=531062

First 3 I found.

thanks for the advice, Ill take that on board!:rolleyes:

When I searched, I found 3 2 beds going for prices between 1200 and 1300. In relation to the original question posed, I was enquiring off the OP if her rent was that much, not making a statement of fact. Until she confirms how much her side of the rent is, its pointless arguing a toss about prices and smiley faces

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

thanks for the advice, Ill take that on board!:rolleyes:

When I searched, I found 3 2 beds going for prices between 1200 and 1300. In relation to the original question posed,

Yeah, but what are the places like?

I know plenty of people paying 750pm for a double room close to the city centre.
    Its madness, but that's what you pay for a nice place, to be honest.

Not the best but still!

I would have thought the leasee would be paying less money than the other party (smaller room, lease in her name and the hassle that entails) but looking at the pics on the ad, probably €750 each? €1500 for location seems like an awful lot as you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

When I searched, I found 3 2 beds going for prices between 1200 and 1300. In relation to the original question posed
    I'm sure if you could give a link to these properties on daft it might be a helpful alternative for the op. I searched D3, 1200Euro 2 bed apt and got three results also... in Clontarf, 4.5km from cc, surprisingly there were no internal pictures. Wonder why?! Would they be the same ones you saw perhaps...

I think you're out of touch with the rising prices of apts in City centre. Your comments are less than useful to the OP.

Take it one step at a time. She has to rid herself of her lease first before the search can begin.
    I dont rent hence the reason why I might be out of touch with the market price! I think paying €1000 a mortgage is madness enough without paying an extra €400 or €500 for a rented apartment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

She is letting the ensuite room in a 2 bed apartment close to IFSC.

According to the ad it's 20 minutes from the IFSC. I wouldn't class that as close tbh.

Agree with the price being the problem OP. We're living in the IFSC and will be renting a double room for €600 a month. From what we've seen on daft it's a bit lower in cost than most apartments. It's not an ensuite but our bedroom is so the person renting will pretty much have sole use of the main bathroom.

€725 for that location is definitely too high.

Advertisement