Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Egyptian Pounds before Monday?

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I could get Egyptian Pounds before Monday? The foreign exchange in Dublin Airport don't have any and won't have any before Monday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

fletch wrote: »
    Anybody know where I could get Egyptian Pounds before Monday? The foreign exchange in Dublin Airport don't have any and won't have any before Monday.

In the Egyptian Pound Shop in Utopia street:D.

Try some of the Bureaus de change in Little Africa/Parnell Street/Capel Street or Chinatown or Camden street/charlemont street, rathmines/ranelagh areas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

fletch wrote: »

I don't think you'll find anywhere that will have them Not something most banks would have day to day.

Best to get them when your over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I am pretty sure you cannot get them before you enter Egypt, I know most retail banks in Ireland do not stock them. You can pick them up at any bank over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just use your ATM Card over there. i've been there a few times and thats all i do. you also get a better exchange rate.

slightly off topic but funny. we met some english guys over there who were so ignorant about other currencies, that they were using english pounds instead of egyptian pounds. of cause the locals never said anything, as they were gettign ten times the amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

If your flying via another airport (maybe LHR?) try there. . .othwerise theres ATM's in the arrivals hall in Cairo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement