Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cables in derry?

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Basically i have an ntl box from when i was livin in the last place and was wondering how i could get my hands on the cables needed to hook it up to my tv? Im thinkin the reception would be improved alot more as we are using one of these

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=5342859

ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=5342859

And the picture is poo

Anyone know where i can get them?

This is the box in question it's "General Instrument CFT-2100"

cft2100iz6.jpg

And this is the back

Tvbox.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Hi there,

ntl is now Virgin Media. I don't think that your box is much use since you can get an up-to-date one (for free, I think) if you are in a cable area and you sign up to their service.

See http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=1

If your ntl box is from the Republic then it definitely won't work as the systems are incompatible.

If you are not in a cable area, you'll need to get a new aerial, or sign up to Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Yeah i was thinking that but wanted to try just in case

The box pictured i had with ntl/virgin 2 years ago here in derry, i had sky movies and stuff through it and they (virgin) reckon the area i am in i wont be able to get these services which is weird cos the place i lived when i had this box is literally two minutes walk away :confused:

Mind you according to their agents i wouldnt be able to get virgin broadband in the house (which is strange as guess where i am posting from right now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 *StoneCold*

Them boxes you have are still in use in Derry, aslong as you have NTL in your home then you can hook it up, pm me if you need anymore info ;)

Advertisement