Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registration Sequence

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Bought a 03 Audi A2 1.6 FSI Sport up North for my wife last week. We got it registered today and got the reg number 03-D-78XXX. I was expecting to get a number over 100k as I've seen 03-D's with numbers this high - in fact, we saw one today on the way back from the VRO.:confused:

Anyone any idea how an import could get such a low number? I thought they were strictly issued in sequence.

Ken.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

AFAIK a garage can reserve a number, but they can then cancel it. In the meantime, cars have been sold, so that number becomes "free"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I know of a few people who brought in january/february originally registered cars from uk. They presented them in later part of year at vro office thinking they would get a very high number reg but they actually got numbers which reflected the original registration date (to a degree). So yes there must be many numbers not used in sequence to allow this to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I know a chap who has 0X-D-68 on a Honda Integra Type R, fresh from Japan.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

As far as i know the numbers under 200 are kept open,i.e. they start the registration sequence at 201, and you can buy them for a certain fee, 315eu if im not mistaken, and you can buy them even after the year has passed.

Advertisement