Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to portlaois

Options
  • 20-03-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,

Im in the middle of buying a house in portlaois and just have a few quick questions for anybody in the area. first of all the area is a new development called rockview think its on the mountrath road, whats that area like?? is portlaois a good place to live. will be commuting to Dublin(long mile road)every day anybody doing a similar commute if so how do they find it? also is the corus any good in the area, is it analogue or digital is reception any good? i know thats alot of mad questions but just eager to find out these things before i go down thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Welcome to Laois and the Laois forum. I don't commute but i believe it takes around 50-60 minutes to get to the Mad Cow roundabout and then it slows down significantly. Other members here can give you a more details i'd say. I think it's being discussed some where here already. I'll try and find it.

Chorus is available in both analogue and digital. Sky is available too.

Thats all i know. good look with the move.

This thread might help. People from different parts of laois have replied. It could give you an idea

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055178597

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭c-dog

thanks for the info kikel had a look thru that thread and time seems to vary jus have to wait and see by the looks of it. have you heard much bout the rockview development or that side of the town is it nice, quiet???

Haven't heard anything about it. Which is good news. :) I don't really know much about Portlaoise. Just telling ya what i know as most people won't be around for the weekend. Check back Tuesday or Wednesday and i'd say a few Portlaoise heads will have dropped by here.

will do thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 TickingOrange

Hi, I commute every day to Dublin. Its about 50 minutes to the red cow but from there on in its a lottery. At least the long mile is close to the Red Cow. Portlaoise is a nice place to live and is getting more developed every year. There isn't much near Rockview but its a good location to get into/out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

I used to rent a house in Rockview and it was okey. The house was warm in the wintertime and the Rockview itself is a quiet and nice area. It is 10 - 15 min. walking form the Town Centre.
    In the house we rented, we didn't have a choice and had to go for Magnet as a TV and Broadband provider. As the Broadband was perfect, 8 Mbps with no limits the TV sucks. Fifty-something channels and almost nothing interesting on them.

thats crap bout not having a choice of tv providers,is that just because you were renting or does that apply for the whole rockview area? thought commute would be bout 50mins or so but good to have that confirmed. Thanks for the replies

Advertisement