Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockmaroon Hill Traffic Changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

That's nuts. Necessary, due to the flooding there every few months, but still a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

So if you were going to Ballyfermot college ,how do you get back to carpenterstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

After you go over Chapelizod bridge take a right at Mullingar house instead of left for Knockmaroon then enter the phoenix park approx. 200 metres on the left (Chapelizod gate), the road in the park almost immediately splits in two so take the left fork, after a few bends in the road in the park you'll come to a four way junction, take the left turn there and that will bring you to the Knockmaroon gate of the phoenix park, turn right out the gate and you're back on the Carpenterstown road. Other more knowledgeable boardies might have a better route but that's the one I've used. To add to that the park gate at Chapelizod is one way (in) so you'll have to find a different way to Ballyfermot college.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

So if you were going to Ballyfermot college ,how do you get back to carpenterstown?
    Cycle. It's not far from Carpenterstown. It'll be during the summer months so it will be dry, warm and bright. You can walk up the steep hill from Chapelizod to Ballyfermot.
    You have a few options:
    - Go into Phoenix Park at White's Gate/Farmleigh and then exit at the one-way Chapelizod gate (longest)
    - Cycle down Knockmaroom Hill and follow normal driving route to college (shortest)
    - Cycle to Mountsackville gate and go into the Phoenix Park, coming out at Chapelizod gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

For any muppets trying to use the Knockmaroon Hill as a dual carriageway now that's it's one way, what the hell are you thinking??!

• Advertisement

mattb74 wrote: »
    For any muppets trying to use the Knockmaroon Hill as a dual carriageway now that's it's one way, what the hell are you thinking??!
    Report them to TrafficWatch 1890-205-805. Yeah it's often pointless but you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all. I noticed signs in the Park today saying that upper glen road will be closed for works for 2 week from the end of April. Surely this is some kind of sick joke with the Knockmaroon Hill being closed as well. I think it's time to mail Leo and a few other local councillors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mustang68

mattb74 wrote: »
    Hi all. I noticed signs in the Park today saying that upper glen road will be closed for works for 2 week from the end of April. Surely this is some kind of sick joke with the Knockmaroon Hill being closed as well. I think it's time to mail Leo and a few other local councillors.

Its a complete disaster, I tried going though Lucan to avoid the mess in the park, it was as bad. Why did they decide to compact the problem of the knockmaroon hill being closed with closing the road in the park?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

There is no logical answer to this question. Accept it. It an Irish solution to an Irish problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

True. Logic or common sense seems to play no part in these decisions.

• Advertisement

mustang68 wrote: »
    Why did they decide to compact the problem of the knockmaroon hill being closed with closing the road in the park?? :mad:
    The OPW would close the Phoenix Park completely if they could, to protect it and its users.
    You can still go up through Fifteen Acres to the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

That's nuts. Necessary, due to the flooding there every few months, but still a pain in the ass.

what flooding ? I'm leaving in Chapelizod the last 5 years, and I've only seen it flooded once when the whole of Dublin was flooded....

I have to say its a real pain the a$$ for us living in Chapelizod, we now can't get to Castleknock without having to go through the park or over the m50, and then after 10pm, the side gates of the park are shut, so I have to drive to Park gate street and drive up the main road of the park to get to Castleknock :confused:

I believe there is a lot more to this than people know. The original Chapelizod residents, have been trying to have the road closed for traffic for years, and even tried to have a 1 way system. Dublin COCO supported this, but Fingal COCO got it stopped. So instead Chapelizod is getting new lighting/paths etc, disk parking etc and a nice little test of a very poor 1 way system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

ondafly wrote: »
    ...I believe there is a lot more to this than people know. The original Chapelizod residents, have been trying to have the road closed for traffic for years, and even tried to have a 1 way system. Dublin COCO supported this, but Fingal COCO got it stopped. So instead Chapelizod is getting new lighting/paths etc, disk parking etc and a nice little test of a very poor 1 way system

Thats the only thing that would any sense of doing this. Maybe ye could get a zillion speed ramps like they've done on Strawberry Beds.

Advertisement