Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could have any Rifle what would it be?

Options
  • 20-03-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

just wondering what would be your choice of Rifle if cost wasnt a concern, and why :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

AR15 style rifle in a 308 lower.Reason it is a modular rifle,which means it can be changed from a target varmit rifle in 308 to a ultrashort carbine, or 22lr pistol,or to a 50 cal single shot by swopping the uppers and stocks.All on one rifle lower.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭rabbit Stew

lee enfield 303 no. 4 mark 1 T. Reason being it is a piece of history. The rifle evolved and was battle proven during 50 of the most turbulant years in modern history.
    A classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I've always had a hankering for an M1 Garand (in .30-06, of course).

An AR-15 variant of some sort is vaguely in the future for IPSC fun and games; and if it ever became reasonably attainable, a single shot .50BMG of some sort would have to be acquired, just for laughs and giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I think an original M40A1 would be nice, An AR just for messing with and an original FN FAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

i would love to get the AI 96

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Jonty wrote: »
    I think an original M40A1 would be nice

Beaten to the punch, I'd love to get my hands on one but I guess my airsoft one will have to do until I can afford the real deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Springfield M1A National Match... what a beauty... Or, failing that a DPMS Panther AR15 style rifle in .260 Remington.

And of course the ubiquitous Barrett M107 in .50cal for the sheer craic!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

N.O.I.P. wrote: »
    Beaten to the punch, I'd love to get my hands on one but I guess my airsoft one will have to do until I can afford the real deal :D

Nice to meet somebody with good taste:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Has to be a Merkel 140 in .500 Nitro. I'd be loaded anyway so I'd need it fulfill my salivating dream of taking a Cape Buffalo.

That being a remote daydream I'll settle for a lovely wood stocked Browning Acera in .270 for when I finally get around to sorting out deer permissions. Local Super might frown a bit on the straightpull bolt but it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭.243

i have mine and wouldnt change them,those that know me and seen them know why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

.243 wrote: »
    i have mine and wouldnt change them,those that know me and seen them know why.

come on spill the beans:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

It would have to be the 700 nitro express king of the safari world, just in case i run in to the odd hipo or elephant on the way home after a day of pheasant shooting :D:D
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=H00gshZW9Po

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

.577 t-rex, like Rovi said just for ****s and giggles, the video tells you all you need to know!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

.577 t-rex, like Rovi said just for ****s and giggles, the video tells you all you need to know!!:D

Love that video its one of the best on youtube, its a shame to see the gun be dropped on the floor so many times.. you cant but help bursting a gut watching that vid, brilliant choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

newby.204 wrote: »

your a man after my own heart... fine rifle;)

Fierce handy rifles for stopping any rampant Tyrannosaurus Rex that might have survived the last few million years,or for stopping any Armoured Personel Carriers.:D Wonder how long it will be before some bright spark builds a pistol on one of these???:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭patrickdt10

heym sr21 or sr30. the most balanced rifles anywhere.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

If money was no concern I'd test every combination of high quality match .22lr ISSF-legal barrel, action and stock until I found the one I shot best with.* The shiny-kit urge within me says that it would be something like a Bleiker barrel & action in a HPS System Gemini stock but who knows? Finding out would be half the fun!

* Of course, it would still be a waste of money since damn near all rifles of that type shoot better than I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭.243

newby.204 wrote: »

john greene built one of those topped off with a mk 4 leupold in black .308

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i guess i would LOVE to have the (air) rifle i bought, that is sitting in the shop laughing at me while i wait patiently for news on my license! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Accuracy International, Model 'AE' in .308 topped with either Night Force or Schmidt & Bender glass.

http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/accuracy.asp

OR

CZ 750 agian in .308 and topped with one of the above

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=75

OR BOTH!!

AHHHHHHH........sorry have to go clean the mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Cheytac 408
    419gr bullet, BC .945, supersonic to 2300yds with 30in+ barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

cantona wrote: »
    Cheytac 408
    419gr bullet, BC .945, supersonic to 2300yds with 30in+ barrel

Anyone who saw the film 'Shooter' will agree with that!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Thats some rifle, googled it for a better look, found this video, tis good.

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&tab=soapbox&vid=ef633ba4-b5b6-4458-b984-22a553f10f3c

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Id love to get my hands on a Barrett M107 .50
    Midlands with thier new 1000 meter range, Hmmmmm, could it be possible??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

if cost is no concern? then i suppose the one i already got :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Love that video its one of the best on youtube, its a shame to see the gun be dropped on the floor so many times.. you cant but help bursting a gut watching that vid, brilliant choice

I just think of IT WAS'NT ME when I see this video :D:D

Anyone who saw the film 'Shooter' will agree with that!:D

Once you chop the total Bull SHT never in a million years shooting away from around the rifle in the film.It is a fine rifle.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I just think of IT WAS'NT ME when I see this video :D:D

I loves recoil, me. :p

In hunting terms, it'd probably be a Mauser M03. Was handling one in Birr last year and the feel of quality from it was exceptional. That said, the more rifles I handle and shoot, the more I love my Sako 75, so possibly just a battery of left-handed ones in the various calibres I want. The Mauser for its modular construction, feel, trigger and accuracy would be hard to beat though.

Advertisement