Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could have any Rifle what would it be?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i have it ,a custom sako 75 , in 270 .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If cost (and licensing obviously) wasn't an issue i would love to have one of the new Cheytac M200 Intervention rifle in .408 cal. Justs looks the dogs b****x.

Ares_M200_Bk.jpg
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

id like an anschutz 1712 Silhouette Sporter with a nice scope on top maybe zeiss or swarovski that would be cool!

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?produktID=206&menu=106&sprache=1&produktShow=detail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

:D
    50%20cal%20shoot%20to%20wound.jpg
    50+cal.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Maybe im just boaring, but always wanted an SMLE in .303 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

M1 Garand, Gewehr 43

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

seen this the other night on future weapons and thought that was the coolest thing ever. M110 semi-auto sniper rifle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3qQB4b4Pgo

after that i'd really just like a Remington 700, which one? i'd need another day to decide that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Would love to go hunting bunnys with this !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juUJdzFFORs/YOUTUBE]

And heres a more practical man-mobile version, perfect for those quiet evenings in the countryside waiting for charlie !!!
    The mini gun is shown in the below video after about 20 seconds of boring machine gun firing !!!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/182858/mini_gun/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i have to honest hear and say that at this minute in time id go with the Blaser R93
    600px-HitmanBlaserR93-1special.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

got to either the B&T APR or SPR300

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

personally i don't have any interest in modern military rifles , the old stuff interests me a bit alright , but i really love single shot rifles , when my ship comes in i'll buy something like these :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

+1 on the Cheytac M200 .408, just coz it's so goddamn cool TBH!:D

l129a1.jpg
    For day-to-day plinking and vermin control:D:rolleyes:, one would also like the LEI LM7 Sharpshooter (UK designation L129A1) 7.62x51 Semi-automatic, seen above.

For more serious target stuff, having drooled all over one of these on Saturday:

Bleiker free-rifle stock with bleiker action and general bleiker loveliness.....mmmmmm.....bleiker....mmmmmm.....drooooolllllll

bleiker_challenger.jpg

And then, when the mood takes me (and my lotto cheque gets cashed), I wouldn't making some room in the gunsafe for one of these too:

longrange_k05s_max.jpg
    A Keppeler in either .308 Palma or 6mm Norma. Why? Coz I'm worth it!!!!!!:D:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

money no object.....

Barrett M107 (with custom mods inc suppressor.)

Annumition €3 a shot (cheapist ive seen anyway)

Rifle €15-20K

Dragging CS through the court after youve built a range big enough for a .50..... Priceless :P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Where do I start. It would have to be classics. On the semi auto front. The German FG42.

Original M1 Garand.

Boys .55 calibre "long range target rifle" :D , with a source of ammo loaded to the original spec.

An SMLE to go with my No4. A p14..... the list goes on.

no plastic fantastics here , just gunny insulting an english guy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsDLjfA1Ylw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

My way over budget dream rifle.
    Comes in .308 win,.300winmag or 338 lapua magnum.
    ONLY!!!! 11000 gbp 4000gbP for calibre changes.
    Win the lotto or sell the house to get to that one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

rowa wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsDLjfA1Ylw

As only A USMC Gunny can do it.Nasty and with style!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

As Gunny said, "They sell them in every gun store in America". :D

I moving !!!! :mad:

Great video though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Wouldn't mind a nice M1a for a semi. Now what are my chances in licensing that? :confused::D:eek:

As good as anyones.It's a classic vintage rifle.And there folks here who can fill you in on the Vintage/classic rifle shooting scene.
    Good calibre too for the predicted wid pig invasion that shall befall us any day:rolleyes:.Although 30.06 ammo might be pricey these days.

As Gunny said, "They sell them in every gun store in America".

Even Uncle Sam will sell you one! For anything between 100 to 400 USD.Cheaper than most gunstores,and more than likely an original.
    Apply to,when you move.
    Director of civillian marksmanship,Washington DC.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    As good as anyones.It's a classic vintage rifle.And there folks here who can fill you in on the Vintage/classic rifle shooting scene.
    Good calibre too for the predicted wid pig invasion that shall befall us any day:rolleyes:.Although 30.06 ammo might be pricey these days.

As Gunny said, "They sell them in every gun store in America".

Even Uncle Sam will sell you one! For anything between 100 to 400 USD.Cheaper than most gunstores,and more than likely an original.
    Apply to,when you move.
    Director of civillian marksmanship,Washington DC.

yep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9S9gDcTPuU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

if money was no object I`d get myself one of these in 223
    [IMG][/img]005.jpg
    One of these in 7mm08
    [IMG][/img]0012.jpg
    And one of these in 300 win mag
    [IMG][/img]DSCF1129.jpg
    But until that day comes i`ll just keep dreaming:D

1300 for the EVilll cammoed Remington R25:D.
    Soon I'll be the proud owner of one,as soon as the CS issues the liscense for it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    1300 for the EVilll cammoed Remington R25:D.
    Soon I'll be the proud owner of one,as soon as the CS issues the liscense for it.:rolleyes:

.308?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

dwighet wrote: »
    if money was no object I`d get myself one of these in 223

But until that day comes i`ll just keep dreaming:D

Ha ha , good one.:D

Very nice Dwighet, you have an enviable gun collection by anyone's standards.

Grizzly, was your comment referring to my chances of getting an M1a or another post??
    If the chance of owning one of these is a real possibility I would like to know how. I know I've only recently dropped the cash for a 308 but I think I could stretch for such a nice firearm:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Hibrion wrote: »
    Very nice Dwighet, you have an enviable gun collection by anyone's standards.

Grizzly, was your comment referring to my chances of getting an M1a or another post??
    If the chance of owning one of these is a real possibility I would like to know how. I know I've only recently dropped the cash for a 308 but I think I could stretch for such a nice firearm:cool:.

Yes they can be got as semis are liccencable and there are a few of there older brothers floating around (M1 Grands) however they are pricey. I have seen M1A national match rifles in germany from 2k up .... I was considering amending my licence for a G3 and getting 1 but in the end I prefer the german engineering.

I think I could happily drop a couple of grand for a class rifle. Would be quite useful if the opportunity for driven boar ever arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

rowa wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsDLjfA1Ylw[/QUOTE

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine"

Ya gotta love Lee Emery:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

.243 wrote: »
    i have mine and wouldnt change them,those that know me and seen them know why.

Still using the .243 Ackley Improved?

Advertisement