Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving license up for renewal, but lost. What now?

Options
  • 20-03-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a letter in the door saying my license is soon due for renewal.

I just remembered that I lost it last week.

Whats the procedure here? Do I need to go to the Guards first to get some sort of form signed saying that I lost it, and then send that in with my license renewal form?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yup, get a form from the tax office to declare you lost you license and get the guards to sign it. Then get your renewal and instead of attaching your license you attach the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sweet, so to the TAX office first to get the form and then to the Guards? ie. Guards won't have the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Just got a letter in the door saying my license is soon due for renewal
    :confused: I have never ever heard of anyone getting a letter saying that their licence was due for renewal! :confused:
    Whats the procedure here? Do I need to go to the Guards first to get some sort of form signed saying that I lost it, and then send that in with my license renewal form?
    Get a D800 form, fill it and bring it to your local Garda Station and get it stamped and signed. Then send it off with €5 and 2 pics for a duplicate licence. Then renew the duplicate licence. (The duplicate licence will expire at the same time as the original licence ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

:confused: I have never ever heard of anyone getting a letter saying that their licence was due for renewal! :confused:

I'm 'special' :D
    Get a D800 form, fill it and bring it to your local Garda Station and get it stamped and signed. Then send it off with €5 and 2 pics for a duplicate licence. Then renew the duplicate licence. (The duplicate licence will expire at the same time as the original licence ;))

That's an awful pain in the hole isint it? The first reply sounds much easier ;) However your response seems much more typical of the Irish Government. I'll try the first response and if no joy, will try that. Thanks for hte info

Advertisement