Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car not scrapped?? advice needed

Options
  • 21-03-2008 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Weird thing happened today. Last year we paid our local council to have a car scrapped. The car was running quite well but had had all it's windows smashed in and we decided just to get rid of it. Today walking along I saw what I thought was the car. I wrote down the reg number and according to cartell.ie, this reg belongs to a red Isuzu(Our car was a green Fiat).

The car was collected from our house and on the day the guy rang first and asked me to leave out the key to make it easier for him to get the car out of the garden which I thought was a bit dodgy. Purely by chance I know this guy.

I still need to double check our paperwork to see what the original reg of our car was but either way it is weird.

I don't want to make trouble as I come into contact with him regularly but if he fixed up and sold our car, than it would bug me to do or say nothing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

anonymously call the cops and tell them the story. he doesn't have to know you called them. What he's done is illegal...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Snowdrop wrote: »
    this reg belongs to a red Isuzu(Our car was a green Fiat).
    Easist way to get rid of a stolen car: change the reg. Ring the cops on the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111 to make a comment to the cops if you don't want to talk to them face to face.

Advertisement