Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E5 From Maxol

Options
  • 21-03-2008 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Quick question in relation to the E5 fuel Maxol have. 99.2 RON sounds so sweet to me. Driving a Integra Type R DC5.

Want to get your opinions on the fuel. Anyone else using it, how do you find it in performance cars and would you recommend it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭KidCapree

havent heard of it?? how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

1-2 cent more per litre. Its in nearly all Maxol stations in Ireland now. I have been using it in the car for the past 2-3 weeks, but i wanted to get anyone else's feedback on it.

Seems good stuff to be honest.

www.maxol.ie

Click on E5 on the left and then (Listed Garages) Thats an old list mind you, i hear its doubled in size over the past 2 months.

Taken directly from the Maxol site:

What is the Octane Rating of E5 compared to ordinary Unleaded?

The Octane Rating of Ordinary unleaded ranges from 95.0 to 95.9 – average 95.5. The Octane rating of E5 averages 99.2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Thats all i put in the DC5 now, get a bit of popping from it through the exhaust which is great.. wuddnt use the ordinary stuff now.. been using E5 for a couple of months now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

has E5 got a higher ron rate than v-power???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

stecleary wrote: »
    has E5 got a higher ron rate than v-power???

yea, V-power just has cleaning additives, pretty much the same as normal petrol... not sure that V-power is still around cos Shell were bought out, so all filling stations are owned by Topaz(?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

now that you say that my local shell hasn't had v-power in about 2 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i use it along with lucas octane booster......and find it better then texeco or statoil. the car boosts better on it and runs that bit smoother. from what ive read most lads that map the jap cars use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

I use E5 and find it very good. would recommened it too all japcrap and turbo cars!

and i think using up to 10% is within most manufacturers allowable limits, so the 5% mix is safe as a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I've been using it in the dc2 for awhile and cant say i noticed much of a difference, the dc2 doesn't mind 95 ron anyway but I know the dc5 hates 95ron so the E5 is very much reccomended to be used in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I used it in the FTO from when it was launched here until I sold it, and found it ran smoother and got a few more kms out of the tank, any performance gains were probably in my head though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement