Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault master imobaliser

Options
  • 21-03-2008 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm wondering about the imobaliser on my 1999 Renault master van.. Big problem here for me.. Last thursday I drove the van to work, that was grand but then tried to go to the shop for breakfast later on that morning and the would not start for me at all..

Now there has been some problem with the imobaliser for the last six weeks.. Usually if the imobaliser light kept flashing when I would turn the key in the ignition it would mean it wouldn't start up.. What I would have to then is lock the central locking and then unlock it. Hey presto put the key in the ignition turn it and the light wouldn't flash and then the van would start..

My problem now it that the key wont lock or unlock the central locking now and light just keeps flashing at me and cant start the van. there is a new battery in the key.. I even got the key re-programmed last friday evening the the Renault dealership here in Athlone... That didn't help at all and the van still won't start..

I now have to bring the van to Renault dealership here in Athlone to try get this sorted but won't even give me a rough idea for parts prices or a rough quote either on the high or low side so I could have an idea how much this will cost...

Is there anyone here who could fix this for me or know of anyone who could fix this major problem for me? Is there even some way that I could bypass the imobaliser so I can turn the van over?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for all replies..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is there even some way that I could bypass the imobaliser so I can turn the van over?.

Basically - no.

It will need a full diagnostics to determine why the immobiliser is malfunctioning. The diagnostic will hopefully point to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ah balls god nos how much they are going to screw me over for so... Any idea roughly what it might cost even the at the worst???

O god and I have f..k all money to spare these days.. I only spent €600 quid there two weeks ago getting work done on the van as it was leaking oil like no mans businesss and needs more work done apart from the imobaliser... What a major huge pain in the ass for this to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

thanks crosstownk for that! I hope that when I bring the van in it wont be anything major and end up costing me a leg and an arm!!!

Advertisement