Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X tips needed!

Options
  • 21-03-2008 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Anyone have any tips on beating the last boss? Im at the zanarkand and i am through the trials and everythin but when i go in to face the boss im literally destroyed within 5 mins.. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

this would be Jecht yes? as far as i recall he wasn't that tough. mind you i had most of the top weapons. wakka tidus and auron were taking off about 20,000 each. get thte weapons, after that you'll be laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KoRn101

see i dont think its ject.. Its like some dragon thing.. obviously just before ject.. Or maybe it is him.. Any ideas where the weapons are located.. am i able to get back to get them ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're probably at Sin. He isn't that hard, really you just have to hit him with everything that you have got and not give up. I'm guessing you aren't a believer in excessive levelling up like me. I was the same but with enough strategy you can kill him (although I killed him just in the nick of time).

Since you are playing the european version there's not much use going back and doing any secrets. The crappy european version has most of the secrets blocked off with extremely powerful dark aeons that you won't beat at your levels. If you want to do some power levelling then it's best to capture monsters and fight the monsters you get in the arena. You are going to need this if you are having trouble with Sin since the final boss is a huge difficulty spike.

Failing that get the summon Yojimbo and use him then pray for his kill anything in one shot move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

get those ultimate weapons exceed 9999damage = KO?

hell remind me of the throwing my controller chocobo race.

i tried the game with normal weapons,killed very fast by the Sin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

There are secret Weapons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

He's fighting the spectral keeper. It's not the last boss. Can't remember my strategy, cos I haven't replayed the game.

I do remember him being a bitch though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

kawaii wrote: »
    He's fighting the spectral keeper. It's not the last boss. Can't remember my strategy, cos I haven't replayed the game.

I do remember him being a bitch though.

That boss is pretty nasty as well. I think you really need to make it that he only attacks one person at a time and keep healing that character.

The next boss is even nastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I had the summon anima leveled up to the last, he destroyed the final boss. Although, to be honest, it kinda ruined it for me since i wanted a bit of a challenge.

I remember there was a special cave somewhere and the enemies gave good experience points. I spent a lot of time in there with Yuna just summoning anima. Eventually his normal attcks were dealing max damage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have a question. In some cave you came across some little dude in a pot. You had to choose where to hit it and if you chose wrong he exploded. What happened if you kept going on, getting it right all the time? Did you get anything cool?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There was a couple of different ones. They asked you questions, didn't they? I think if you got the question right you were given a prize the more you got right the better the prizes.

Edit: I think I may be thinking of ff9.

• Advertisement

Edit: I think I may be thinking of ff9.

Yup.
    I have a question. In some cave you came across some little dude in a pot. You had to choose where to hit it and if you chose wrong he exploded. What happened if you kept going on, getting it right all the time? Did you get anything cool?

I've read that you have to hit the correct eye 7 times. The chances of doing this are next to nothing though, and I'm not sure if anyone's ever succeeded... (So how do they know if it's 7 times ...:S)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yup.
    :o
    I've read that you have to hit the correct eye 7 times. The chances of doing this are next to nothing though, and I'm not sure if anyone's ever succeeded... (So how do they know if it's 7 times ...:S)

What do you get if you did it right? Does anyone even know?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've gotten at least five...

pot monster?haha,never success to hit them 7times(??!) in FFX ,but they normally have something to do with elixir/megaelixir rare items

oh yes i remember overdrive Yuna 2 big summons of Anima deal some 2X 7digit damage but then i think the tough part of fighting the sin is you are not allowed to use summon

Aghh! Its so hard! i think it is the keeper guy.. I have to go back now and work so hard now to get my power up because im not hitting NEAR over 9999.. Auron hits 9999 SOMETIMES but rarely..

The ultimate weapons in FFX Are they hard to get at this stage of the game?

KoRn101 wrote: »
    Aghh! Its so hard! i think it is the keeper guy.. I have to go back now and work so hard now to get my power up because im not hitting NEAR over 9999.. Auron hits 9999 SOMETIMES but rarely..

Jesus I was no where near hitting 9999 with any character at that point other than the odd Bahamut summon. Are most people **** at FF games other than me. Even the FAQ writers give ridiculous recommended levels for these games. All FFX requires is a decent strategy instead of any power levelling.
    The ultimate weapons in FFX Are they hard to get at this stage of the game?

At this stage in the game there are no dark aeons to get in the way but you don't have an airship so will have to back track through the whole game. Also I'm not sure if the ultimate weapons are obtainable until you get the airship.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also I'm not sure if the ultimate weapons are obtainable until you get the airship.

I'm not sure if i had the airship when i got some of the ultimate weapons. i remember hoofing it around alot trying to kill 10 of each type of monster and that kinda crap.

You are fairly dead on about the faq writers over estimating the exp level required for bosses.
    If you have a good strategy brute force shouldn't be required.
    Although, i think it was the "first" sin battle (the one on top of the airship) where you had 7 moves before he went nuclear, that was a cool battle but i had to grind a liitle for that. i just wasn't hitting hard enough.

To be honest like im actually not that bad, iv been addicted to the ff series since vii and completed them all even xii.

I have generaly good strategies but this keeper just seems to overpower me and cant seem to get a grasp of when he'l use certain attacks or what affects him the most, i know its the last boss so its not SUPPOSED to be easy but jese i wish it wasnt so hard!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Like the others said, that aint the last boss (but he's a toughie alright!).

You still have to fight ....
    Yunalesca x 3, Sin Dragon thing, Sin x 2, + the final 2 or 3 whom i wont mention :)

*phew*

Oh god..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Heh :)

Well, like Retr0, i detest the leveling-up lark. The key to it is lots of strategy + a like a lot of things - a little luck.

So, all i can say is...
    • Keep moving, as the Keeper changes position a lot.
    • Keep your 2 weaker characters behind the Keeper but not all your characters behind him as he'll perform that tail swipe beserk manouver.
    • Only physical attack with your strongman character (Auron?) from the front and let Auron take the brunt of the Keeper's counter-attacks.
    • Have a power-full black mage character casting from behind and a third character (behind the Keeper as well) casting white magic (Regen, Wall, etc..) on the others.
    • Again, keep moving as he moves.

Good luck

How exactly do you go about getting 10 of every monster without levelling up in a grind type fashion? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

SofaK wrote: »
    Like the others said, that aint the last boss (but he's a toughie alright!)

Definately a toughie at that stage of the game, but when they get to the first of the 3 you mentioned in the spoiler, ouch :(

My 3 toughest fights in that game were
    Yunalesca, Dark Yojimbo, Neslug and Penance<<without using Yojimbo

And Tar. heres your answer, unless the other 2 of your party carry un-powered Celestial Weapons there is no way ;)

cant really remember the enemy already:(

but i think i kinda play with the level up thing,boost their strength and speed,with exceed 9999damage(i have got only auron and tidus),counter attack,and yuna double summon anima.ah,and the haste on weapon is very important i say,armor break too.

you need to play with the unique system and weapons(add on effects).

How exactly do you go about getting 10 of every monster without levelling up in a grind type fashion? :)

One of the things I hate about FFX

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

One of the things I hate about FFX

that certainly was annoying, especially if you can't find the monster type you're looking for and get lots of battles against monster types that you already have 10 of. Infruiating!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dbarcari

Spectral Keeper wasn't that hard...
    Just keep your characters distanced from each other, haste, and you should be winning.
    If not, do the obvious thing and train.
    <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

buy the cheatcd and thats will halp you fanish the game in no time

what do you mean 'keep your characters distanced from each other'?

• Advertisement

netopia789 wrote: »
    buy the cheatcd and thats will halp you fanish the game in no time

No - Lame

Advertisement