Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 08 cheating

• 21-03-2008 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Was playing an online game of Fifa 08, playing some class football and I got 3-0 uo, then the other player quits. But when I check my stats, that game didnt come up. Has the other player just cheated me out of a game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Was playing an online game of Fifa 08, playing some class football and I got 3-0 uo, then the other player quits. But when I check my stats, that game didnt come up. Has the other player just cheated me out of a game?
    This happened me a few times against 300k + points players. Im not sure how they do it, but they must cheat out of losing.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sometimes on FIFA 08, little idiots who cant take a loss and should be allowed to interact with others, quit the game to protect their PRECIOUS rank.

In about 8/10 cases you will get the standard 3-0 win and +50 rank points. But unfortunatley sometimes the EA server doesnt recognise it and they get off scott free.

Also, if a player quits within the first 20mins then no record of the game is kept, this is to allow someone to quit if it is too laggy.

Also, Cyber Waste, unfortunatley there is a disconnection trick that allows players to con the server into thinking that both servers dropped (ie.for Xbox Live maintenance) and no record of the game is kept. People who know the game well enough like myself know this nasty little trick, the difference is that some people dont care if they lose 1 match to a better player.

Also, give it time. The EA servers can take up to 24 hours to credit you with a win. I have often been quit on, gone to MY CAREER, seen no win and gone on a big rant, only to check again 5 mins later and see my 3-0 win there.

I dont play Ranked anymore, i went 12 wins 0 losses in the first week of the games release and then got fed up with quitters and D/C tricks, ive got enough honest top quality players on my friends list to have good unranked games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Ye I might stop playing ranked. Its not that I mind losing, I just hate when Im playing good football and it doesnt count as a win......rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

This used to happen me a lot in NBA Live 06, I just stopped playing ranked games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Sadly this happens alot in Fifa bud.It might sound odd but when i play against a higher rank i'd play with little effort til after the 20 min mark... tho most times it can last til the 90th minute lmao,after 20 mins if they quit i think you get the win.
    Its a pain in the arse when someone quits,i see it alot when your outplaying them :mad: *cough cough* Yanks & Brits !!!

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Also, Cyber Waste, unfortunatley there is a disconnection trick that allows players to con the server into thinking that both servers dropped (ie.for Xbox Live maintenance) and no record of the game is kept. People who know the game well enough like myself know this nasty little trick, the difference is that some people dont care if they lose 1 match to a better player.
    (Sry just 2 add) Had a Scottish guy the other week tell me that his dog was about to run into the phone socket after i went 2-0 up .... Next thing i seen the " Connection has been lost with other player" ,Man i shouted at my Tv calling him all the Rob Roys of the day for 10 mins flat !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

LMFAO Hackabo. Yer dog often pulled out your modem cable mid game. Though the BF2 game you had to leave coz yer then Mrs went into labour was classic.

lmao it was mid-match and i was in a jet also :D

Advertisement