Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

battery question

Options
  • 21-03-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

I put a battery into Citroen berlingo van 1998, today. The ignition lights came on but it wouldnt start. If i had put battery in backways would the ignition lights come on?

EDIT: Also is their any protection i.e fuse relay to stop the battery from damaging the engine electrics if the battery is put in backways in a 1998 berlingo..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

kerash wrote: »
    If i had put battery in backways would the ignition lights come on?

Unlikely.

Are you sure that the new battery is charged. Sometimes batteries left on the shelf can discharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

kerash wrote: »
    I put a battery into Citroen berlingo van 1998, today. The ignition lights came on but it wouldnt start. If i had put battery in backways would the ignition lights come on?

EDIT: Also is their any protection i.e fuse relay to stop the battery from damaging the engine electrics if the battery is put in backways in a 1998 berlingo..

Do you mean that you attempted to connect it backwards and then turned it 180deg to fit it correctly? If so then yes, you could well have done damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Connected it yesterday but only ignition lights came on, so late last nite i thought, what if i had put it in backways? I knew that would do damage and wondered if their would be any protection if i had done it.
    Anyway, Panic over now! Did not put it in wrong way and got a new battery today and all is well. Thanks for the replys tho!

Advertisement