Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrolling problem on vista

• 21-03-2008 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Ok,as the title sugests i have a problem scrolling down after i installed vista...it was working perfectly on xp but on vista i dont know what is wrong.Anyways my problem is that it takes a second for the scroll down button to actually move down and instead of actually moving down smoothly,it kinda jerks down...as in it lags for a sec then goes down a good bit instead of a tiny bit.The weird thing about it though is that if i bring the mouse to the bar on the right and say, click the arrows to move down or grab and move the bar down,it seems to work fine.Another thing i have noticed is that this problem only occurs when im in the main vista areas ie scrolling through my documents folder..It seems to be fine when i scroll in an application such as notepad,paint and firefox etc...SO to sum it all up my problem is when i scroll down using the mouse in my document or my computer,it seems to lag and then jerk.Id really appreciate it if someone could help me out because its really annoying.

Note:as far as i know i think i have all the drivers installed and updated and my graphic card is the ati x1400

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You say you installed, did you upgrade to vista? Sounds like your pc is struggling for the memory to run vista. What are your full specs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

yea i have intel core duo 1.66 ghz
    ati x1400 and only 1 gig of ram.I know your gonna say 1 gig isnt enough but i have increase the performance by turning off many of the visuals and seconfdly this scroll problem doesnt happen in any application,only in the main areas of my pc such as my comp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,856 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Sounds like the graphics driver needs installed (go to www.ati.com).

Specs are fine for vista. How long since you installed? have the files & folders all been indexed? have you disabled indexing?

A person from dell insisted in installing the drivers for me so id say their up to date since i only did it about 2 weeks ago....Indexing is enabled and as far as i know they are fully indexed but im not totally sure on this as this is my first time using vista

• Advertisement

I found out what was wrong.. I didnt have the software for my mouse installed...Anyway thanks a mil for helping..

Cheers

eh, simple as that. Glad u got it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,856 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Fol20 wrote: »
    A person from dell insisted in installing the drivers for me so id say their up to date since i only did it about 2 weeks ago....Indexing is enabled and as far as i know they are fully indexed but im not totally sure on this as this is my first time using vista

I wouldn't trust the tech support from Dell to install a toaster correctly. :)

Advertisement