Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get to sleep!

Options
  • 21-03-2008 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

hi

im terrible at getting to sleep. im dead to the world once i finally do but i find i need to be exhausted to get asleep. im not a morning person,much more of an evening/night time person so at night my brain seems to function at its best. when i get into bed, i dont feel particularly tired and my brain just seems to choose random things to think about which makes it hard to switch off, i dont be worryin about things its just my mind seems to go into overdrive.

anyone got any suggestions?

i hope some of the above makes sense!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

a) Hot Chocolate
    b) Sexual Intercourse
    c) Smoke some doob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Play some light music or even just some white noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

Ruu wrote: »
    Play some light music or even just some white noise.

thanks for the help folks.

music just seems to energise me as opposed to relaxing me. wat do u mean by white noise?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

jph100 wrote: »
    hi

im terrible at getting to sleep. im dead to the world once i finally do but i find i need to be exhausted to get asleep. im not a morning person,much more of an evening/night time person so at night my brain seems to function at its best. when i get into bed, i dont feel particularly tired and my brain just seems to choose random things to think about which makes it hard to switch off, i dont be worryin about things its just my mind seems to go into overdrive.

anyone got any suggestions?

i hope some of the above makes sense!

thanks

Sorry for coming to this thread late, but you could try a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow, inhale the "fumes" to clam yourself. That works very well for me.

Failing that try "rescue remedy", available, from you chemist over the counter, two or three drops under your tongue will ease your panic feeling.

If that won't work, rescue remedy is supposed to be made with 90% brandy, so maybe a glass of brandy before you go to bed might solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm the same. Two, three a.m., wide awake with wonderful creative ideas. Sleep, wake up, properly wake up about 11ish.

The probelm is that, although you're physucally tired, you're not mentally tired. I'm guessing that you don't have a particulary stressful or challenging lifestyle. Fun, but not really challenging.

What worked for me was guided meditation CDs. It relaxes the brain while giving it something to do at the same time. Same with just lying and concentrating on the rhythm of your breathing.

Hope that helps.... I'm off to listen to one right now - sweet dreams!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement