Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying credit for forign mobiles?

• 21-03-2008 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Ok so i want to top up a friends mobile in oz is there anyway to do this without having to set up a vodafone account and getting them to txt the password to the handset? I can't seem to find a way to simply buy the credit, anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Funxy wrote: »
    Ok so i want to top up a friends mobile in oz is there anyway to do this without having to set up a vodafone account and getting them to txt the password to the handset? I can't seem to find a way to simply buy the credit, anyone have any ideas? Thanks

If you mean an Irish Vodafone pay-as-you-go phone, then one can top them up with AIB online banking and ATM machines.

I am not sure of other Banks ATM, but i THINK BAnk of Ireland also offer such facilities.

Gerard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Atm machines (BOI or AIB) or AIB online is your best bet here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Funxy wrote: »
    Get a mate to call into a Vodafone shop in Ireland and get them to credit the amount to the number you are using in oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Sorry i wasnt very clear there. I am in ireland and i bought an oz pay as you go phone when i was there. When i left i left it to a friend and now want to top it up. So its an oz vodafone pay as you go mobile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

And the phone is still in Oz?

• Advertisement

Yup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Vodafone Ireland customers can top up with Vodafone Australia vouchers, so I imagine its the same vice versa. Maybe give them a call (+61 414 141 414 , taken from site) and see if they accept Irish vouchers, then text a voucher PIN onto your mate

Tried vodafone oz but theres nothing they can do with setting up an acc without an oz cc! Also you can only buy the recharge cards in the shop but i found this site http://www.mobux.com.au/ that worked yay :) Thanks all!

Advertisement